Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti adding extra oestrogen  (Read 1147 times)

LCB

• First Flush
Evorel conti adding extra oestrogen
« on: February 21, 2024, 06:46:19 PM »

I have been on Evorel conti for some months now but am finding that the oestrogen is not high enough to alleviate all symptoms. I have tried using two patches at a time which is much better, however this is running expensive.I have some oestrogel on hand which I haven't used. would I be able to use this to give an oestrogen boost in addition to one conti patch instead of two ,or would this mean that the levels of progesterone would be out of balance?

PearlJ

Re: Evorel conti adding extra oestrogen
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 07:16:00 PM »

Hi. I might be being thick here but I paid £19 for an annual prescription certificate for any all HRT medication so if the doctor prescribes it you shouldn’t pay any more than that. Sorry I can’t help with the actual oestrogen issue as I’m new to this myself.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 08:04:34 PM »

The patch is balanced so has enough progesterone for the oestrogen in the patch.

Booroo

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 01:22:00 PM »

I’m interested in this
Was on Evorel sequi for few months or so had heavy bleeds so tried conti was fine until 2m mark then have had spotting daily and slight palp back
Nurse said add mini pill x 1 back in and failing that could add up to 0.5 sandrena gel if still no good look at other patches etc
I did gel for couple days stopped to see and palps back so added gel today
If this works is the progesterone enough for the extra blob of gel?

DottyD68

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2024, 04:24:54 PM »

I was looking to increase Evorel conti patch and was told that if I add anymore oestrogen (in whatever format gel or patch) I would need to take additional progesterone in the form of Utrogestan or Mirena coil to oppose the additional oestrogen. There is not enough progesterone in the Evorel conti patch to oppose any additional oestrogen so the womb will not be protected from a potential thickened lining. Hope this helps.

Booroo

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2024, 04:33:47 PM »

I was looking to increase Evorel conti patch and was told that if I add anymore oestrogen (in whatever format gel or patch) I would need to take additional progesterone in the form of Utrogestan or Mirena coil to oppose the additional oestrogen. There is not enough progesterone in the Evorel conti patch to oppose any additional oestrogen so the womb will not be protected from a potential thickened lining. Hope this helps.

Well that’s what I thought when she told me! Thank you for being on the same page as me
What did you decide in the end?

DottyD68

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2024, 04:42:09 PM »

As I am only 3 months into the new conti regime I am going to try and stick for 6 months to see where I am and if things have settled. In the meantime I am on the list to have a mirena coil (which I really dont want) so that would be my last resort. I am really hoping I can manage with the Evorel Conti 50.

Booroo

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2024, 04:49:10 PM »

As I am only 3 months into the new conti regime I am going to try and stick for 6 months to see where I am and if things have settled. In the meantime I am on the list to have a mirena coil (which I really dont want) so that would be my last resort. I am really hoping I can manage with the Evorel Conti 50.

What symptoms were u still not ok with? I had one last year after biopsies and it lasted 4 months and it fell out! I tried utro right back at start and felt like zombie so not much choice is there.
Hope you get on ok

DottyD68

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2024, 05:17:35 PM »

Intermittant muscle aches/cramps (legs/lower back) which I think are linked to anxiety (menopausal!). Most of other symptoms seem to have settled. I am beginning to wonder if the anxiety / low mood is more to just general cumulative life stress (caring for elderly parents with Alzheimers/End of life which has now being going on for a few years and has really affected me).

I was ok on utro on sequi but the moment I went on it continuous I didn't feel right at all.

Booroo

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2024, 05:50:02 AM »

It’s all v bizarre isn’t it? You think it’s ok th3n it’s not but as you say life throws hurdles in aswell so yo7 don’t know if it’s that ,hrt or hormones.