Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: PMDD and the Coil and 150 Evorel Patch Oestrogen  (Read 419 times)

Herbies Mummy

PMDD and the Coil and 150 Evorel Patch Oestrogen
« on: April 16, 2024, 10:29:13 AM »

Hello everyone

I love this forum - and although I have only occasionally posted I have found it very useful and comforting throughout my peri menopause time since 2019.

I have been on 100mg evorel patch for a while now and 200g of cyclogest pessary (only 12 days a month) for the last two years. I have a history of PMDD and couldn't tolerate progesterone for contraception in the dark days of taking Marvelon in 1991!

I was feeling very weird for the last 6 months - PMS symptoms back - incredibly irritable in the evening again and low mood twinges etc.

I had my absorption levels checked 2 weeks ago and BINGO! I wasn't going mad. The levels were 230 and should have been 400 /500...

my options now are going on a coil if I want to go up to 150 mg - I have raised the level short term to 150mg and feel LOADs better - but I need to up my progesterone.

Wondered if anyone with a similar history to me have had a coil and how they have got on - it is synthetic prog and not micronised ... but I am keen to try it ...

Cath xx

joziel

Re: PMDD and the Coil and 150 Evorel Patch Oestrogen
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 10:47:10 AM »

Hello... If you use the search box top right of the screen and search for 'mirena coil' you'll get loads and loads of posts up.

Some women totally love them and some hate them, it's a bit marmite - is the conclusion! If I had no other options I would definitely give it a go. (I'm just on a lot of utrogestan instead.)

SarahT

Re: PMDD and the Coil and 150 Evorel Patch Oestrogen
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 11:13:39 AM »

I hated utrogestan the severe ups and downs using it just weren't working with my increasing cyclical moods.  ( my gp said my usual pms moods had morphed into pmdd)

So I felt a better stability progesterone wise would help. Have had the mirena coil now for 18 months or so, and the more constant release seems far better. I did add in a tiny dose of mitrazapine as well to cover the moods. And it seems very stable right now.

I am also on estradot 125 patches and testosterone.

Do you use IAPMD site for those with pmdd? It may help further.

The coil does seem as Joziel days a bit of a marmite thing.