Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Changing from Patches to Gel - help please!  (Read 657 times)

Gemmy

• First Flush
Changing from Patches to Gel - help please!
« on: April 15, 2024, 11:54:16 AM »

Hi,
I’m 45 and was started on Evorel Sequi patches 2 months ago. Initially all was well and I started to feel so much better…less night sweats, brain fog and anxiety. My skin was amazing!
However, after experiencing severe headaches and period like cramps during the 2 weeks of ‘conti’ patches plus very heavy bleeds…(after discussion with my helpful GP) decided to switch to Oestrogel and Progesterone 100mg.
I need some help on when I can start this? My GP left a message with the dispensary that I could start the gel on my next patch change but she didn’t give me instructions on how to take the progesterone.
The instructions say to start on day one the therapeutic cycle? I'm guessing that when I have my period? Applying oestrogen daily and taking progesterone days 1-25 with a 3 day break.
I haven’t started gel or the progesterone as didn’t want to get it wrong.
While still on the Evorel Sequi I had a bleed starting 08/04, I started another box of patches 09/04 and gave in (due to headaches!) and removed the patch 11/04.
I can feel my anxiety and hot sweats returning already.
Not sure if I can start the gel and progesterone now or if I need to wait until my next bleed??
Help please 🙏🏻

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Changing from Patches to Gel - help please!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 01:27:46 PM »

It's Trial and Error.  Hopefully someone will be along with knowledge, is there a leaf let in the box with advice?  Or put the product names into the search box : individually : to read appropriate threads.  Make notes ;-)

:welcomemm:  ask away.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 01:49:15 PM »

Hi if you are peri menopausal then you should take 2 x 100mg of Utrogestan on days 15-26 of your cycle.

The dose you have been given is for post menopausal ladies.

Gemmy

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2024, 07:34:33 PM »

Thank you both for getting back to me. I will contact my GP again to clarify the dose and when to start.
Was hoping to avoid this as it so hard to get an appointment.