Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: POLL! Oestrogel Users Please Take a Minute To Take Part. POLL!  (Read 3858 times)

Turkish delight

Hi fellow Oestrogel users,

This is my poll, obviously not scientific or conclusive, and definitely not just for fun, but maybe for a little perspective.

I'm trying to get an idea of how many of us are on Oestrogel, vs how many have had unexplainable returning menopause symptoms over the past 2 years.

If you could briefly answer (1) (2) (3) below...

(1) "NO issues" or "YES issues"

(2) If YES, Write what issues are you having?

(3) What have you tried to resolve any issues, and has it worked?

I thought it was a good time to get a head count on what percentage of us have had otherwise unaccountable struggles with this product,
vs not struggling due to changes in bottles and/or contents.

Thanks in advance to all who help, and sorry to those who just don't get it, aren't they the lucky ones. ;D

I'll kick off with my experience.

Yes issues.

Had sudden reoccurring insomnia, hot flushes, headaches, extreme dry mouth, massive hair loss, dry skin, UTIs many. Pretty much feels like it's not working and back to page 1.

I've split doses and just this past week increased from 6 pumps which I was stable on for 3 years to 7. (funny bcz a couple of years ago if I mentioned I was on 6 pumps ppl were concerned that it was way high dose. Now it's more prevalent it seems.

Still thinking of switching meh!

TD
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 09:29:53 AM by Turkish delight »

Dotty

Re: POLL! Oestrogel Users Please Take a Minute To Take Part. POLL!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 11:02:00 AM »

No issues

Dazedandconfused

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 11:33:38 AM »

No issues.

Turkish delight

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 11:37:58 AM »

Brilliant!

Thank you, and keep um coming, hopefully more like those  :)

Katherine

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024, 07:13:05 PM »

No issues. I didn’t notice any change when I started on the new white top bottles.

Nik2502

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024, 08:29:20 PM »

Yes issues. Back to being anxious and depressed

Banjo1973

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 09:43:28 PM »

Full disclosure... I no longer take Oestrogel, but I loved the old formulation. Feel betrayed by the new stuff.

Massive issues... return of all symptoms such as anxiety, insomnia, excess heat. Tried increasing from 3 pumps eventually went to 6 or even 7 pumps. Eventually switched and am very glad I did.

Cookie25

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2024, 09:57:28 PM »

Yes issues
Returning low mood, irritability, anxiousness, low motovation, overthinking, self doubt, worse sleep etc etc

Upped my dose from 4 pumps to 6  - mood stabilised, sleep remains poorer

Turkish delight

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2024, 07:30:44 AM »

Full disclosure... I no longer take Oestrogel, but I loved the old formulation. Feel betrayed by the new stuff.

Massive issues... return of all symptoms such as anxiety, insomnia, excess heat. Tried increasing from 3 pumps eventually went to 6 or even 7 pumps. Eventually switched and am very glad I did.

Banjo hi,
Great to hear from you  :)

If you don't mind could you drop in what product you changed to? And how did the transition go?
It might help me, and others get over the line and change. X

Banjo1973

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2024, 08:16:54 AM »

Banjo hi,
Great to hear from you  :)

If you don't mind could you drop in what product you changed to? And how did the transition go?
It might help me, and others get over the line and change. X

Hi Turkish Delight,

I went downhill quickly on new Oestrogel and persevered for a very long time, continually increasing my dose which only just kept symptoms at bay.

I switched to Sandrena gel. It was instantly better... however its taken many months to adjust my dose to feel as good as when I was on 3 pumps of Oestrogel. I believe I am finally there now. Doctor's equivalents seem dodgy 2 pumps of Oestrogel same as 1mg of Sandrena (this doesn't tally with estradiol contents). I find I need 2mg of Sandrena per day, however (and this is annoying) for best results, I need to split the dose (am and pm). Its quite sticky, doesn't dry well and should be spread over a small area. The sachets are not eco friendly and for me way less convenient than a pump.

All in all, the switch has been seemless and improvements from day 1. For me lots of tweaking needed to feel really good though. I think I'm finally there! All my Oestrogel buddies have switched successfully to Sandrena apart from one who got really bad migraines. She's moved (happily) to Evorel.

Good luck everyone

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2024, 08:47:13 AM »

Hi

No issues now.
Was on too much at the start, but dropping down to two pumps has been brilliant.

buffy26

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2024, 01:16:56 PM »

Issues
on 4 pumps of Oestrogel  100 mg Utrogestan
Still have night sweats, brain fog, achey
Nightly Vagifem.

Scared to take higher doses due to being 61, endometriosis history and family history DVT
started HRT late, following diagnosis of Osteopenia and being very unwell with zero estrogen

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2024, 01:41:10 PM »

Hi Buffy26

Just a thought but, what happened to me was, I had all my symptoms back along with so much more when I was on four pumps. Omg, I was suffering!
So decided to stop all hrt for the weekend, ( it was my 3 days off utro anyway) just to see what happened.
By the Monday I was so down and flat I decided to put just 2 pumps on, and it worked.
I was on far too much gel, and it was making me feel so poorly.
I’ve felt my old self again, had energy, happy, sleep great, and feel good.
I’m glad to say aswell, my boobs have deflated, they were so sore and swollen, and my general bloatedness has disappeared too.
Just thought I’d share. xx

Dotty

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2024, 02:00:12 PM »

Hi jillydoll that’s really interesting. How long had you been on 4 pumps for ?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2024, 03:28:41 PM »

Hi Dotty
I started this regime 11th jan.
she told me to start on 3 pumps. After two weeks or so I was still night sweating, so because she said to tweak it and go to 4 if I wanted too, I did.
Felt awful on and off for weeks, until last weekend when I felt utterly terrible so decided to stop altogether.
Obviously my levels dropped over the weekend, so I started again last Monday. On just 2.
Been good ever since. ( touch wood) 🌳
Pages: [1] 2