Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stomach - stabbing pain  (Read 19655 times)

Taz2

Re: Stomach - stabbing pain
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2024, 03:44:15 PM »

Tracy t Thank you for your helpful post. Dietary changes are really important. I'm glad your symptoms have eased.

Taz x   :welcomemm:

Jules

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2024, 04:30:47 PM »

Tracy out of interest do you get any symptoms if you eat celery? I currently have ongoing lower stomach spasm and that's the only possible trigger I can think of. 

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2024, 06:10:31 AM »

Hi Jules. I've had IBS(d) since I was eleven. Celery has always been a trigger for me and is included in FODMAP as one to avoid although less than 10g (quarter of a stick) may be ok for some.

Taz x

Jules

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2024, 07:58:20 AM »

Hi Jules. I've had IBS(d) since I was eleven. Celery has always been a trigger for me and is included in FODMAP as one to avoid although less than 10g (quarter of a stick) may be ok for some.

Taz x

Thanks very much for that. I've had it a long time too but celery hasn't particularly been a problem but ive noticed recently I get a lot of gassy sharp pain and am only just making the link and as you say, it's when I'm eating sticks of celery or in this case I had a bowl of celery soup. I'd been told it was wild mushroom. Started that evening with symptoms. Woke the day after with cramping low down. It's much better today, but it's taken a week. Buscopan helped. The only other thing I'd had that evening was Guinness zero. I will definately avoid both from now on.

Tracy t

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2024, 11:17:36 PM »

Thankyou Taz it took me a long suffering road to eas but finally found things that help thankyou for the welcome 👍 and yes Jules celery like Taz mentioned is one up avoid if you have these symptoms people don't really understand the severity of IBS it's just a little 3 letter word but it makes a big impact on people's life's and food changes are a must to help you get some relief I even thought I had bowel cancer it was that severe at times but I must say my change in diet has after 40 years of misunderstanding is helping heaps you have to play about a bit with different foods has we all have different sensitivities but I'd definitely say gluten and dairy ate high risks for IBS and the likes of us sensitive digestive warriors X at the end of the day too I always say if milk wasn't processed from the cow we would never drink it it's for there joung it's makes sense too see the real foods we maybe should and can digest and the ones we cannot I have real trouble with red meat so I've cut that out drastically too and I would say smaller portions have helped me too letting my body digest smaller frequently rather than bulk 🤗

Mousie

« Reply #20 on: Today at 09:21:24 AM »

Just adding something that may or may not be useful.....the pain could be due to diverticulitis or diverticulitis disease. I'm currently in a similar situation with my guts (just coming to the end of tests) but had already been diagnosed with diverticulosis via a colonoscopy. The Dr was going down the IBS route as nothing is showing on tests but when I mentioned that diagnosis we are now thinking it's a possibility.
Pages: 1 [2]