Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Burning like hell  (Read 1414 times)

SaraUK

Burning like hell
« on: April 03, 2024, 06:46:40 PM »

I started using vagirux 11 months ago for bladder issues, like uti without uti. I did 2 weeks daily load, then dropped to twice weekly. Two days later bladder returned. So I was advised to do every other day.

I did that for months.

In November I had another bladder flare up and started daily vagifem. To this day I still have the same bladder issue. But since December I’ve had horrible external burning and stinging, so bad I can’t sit.

I’ve been on ovestin externally daily too for months.

Last week I stopped vagifem just incase it’s a long term use reaction and the intense burning subsided.

But the burning is still there although not as bad.

So my question is, what next? I can’t use daily vagifem and it now doesn’t help bladder anyway. I get worse with Yes WB and VM. I can tolerate Yes OB which has less ingredients. But what am I going to do for oestrogen there? Ugh 😩

I am on HRT although a low dose long cycle due to progesterone intolerance and fibroids over last 7 weeks. I’m 53, 5 months since last period. Scan showed endometrial thickness of 2.3mm.

SaraUK

Re: Burning like hell
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 08:56:16 AM »

Bump  :(

Violetta808

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 09:46:23 AM »

Hi SaraUK. Sorry you’re having such a difficult time. I have no personal experience of this but have seen lots of posts here about Intrarosa (prasterone) pessary. Worth exploring?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 09:57:16 AM by Violetta808 »

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 10:16:02 AM »

Hi SaraUK

Sorry to hear about your ongoing burning issues. There is also the Estring which is a mechanical ring that gives out estradiol continuously so no fillers etc. You could go to the home page and do a search and see if you can find others who have used it?

Have you had other advice or investigations for your bladder problems?

Hurdity x

Ayesha

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2024, 10:30:24 AM »

Hi Sara, unfortunately you seem to be one of the few women with an intolerance to topical oestrogen.
My only advice is to see the GP for other alternatives as mentioned above.

Put relevant words in the search box, so much has been written about this and it might help you going forward.

Just seen this interesting post from AngelaH.  It might be of interest to you
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69219.0/topicseen.html
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 10:34:06 AM by Ayesha »

SaraUK

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2024, 10:48:26 AM »

Hi SaraUK. Sorry you’re having such a difficult time. I have no personal experience of this but have seen lots of posts here about Intrarosa (prasterone) pessary. Worth exploring?

Thanks. Yes, I asked my gp for it but they can’t prescribe it. Only private. Which looks like my next option.

SaraUK

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2024, 10:54:12 AM »

Hi SaraUK

Sorry to hear about your ongoing burning issues. There is also the Estring which is a mechanical ring that gives out estradiol continuously so no fillers etc. You could go to the home page and do a search and see if you can find others who have used it?

Have you had other advice or investigations for your bladder problems?

Hurdity x

Thanks, I’ve had ultrasound only so far. Nurse seems to think that due to fibroid location (1cm back wall of uterus, 5cm top of uteru), this most likely is not causing the bladder issues. I have a tilted back uterus. Plus my burning can’t relate to fibroids.

She is asking advice from local hospital gyno on what to do next, as I’ve tried vagifem for months plus progesterone intolerance (on long cycle). She also said the next step that would be useful is a cystoscopy camera in bladder.

I’m ready to go private but first awaiting her advice.

SaraUK

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2024, 10:57:42 AM »

Hi Sara, unfortunately you seem to be one of the few women with an intolerance to topical oestrogen.
My only advice is to see the GP for other alternatives as mentioned above.

Put relevant words in the search box, so much has been written about this and it might help you going forward.

Just seen this interesting post from AngelaH.  It might be of interest to you
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69219.0/topicseen.html

Thanks. Not sure what blissel gel is. Is it like oestrogel through skin or vaginal oestrogen?

Ayesha

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2024, 11:09:55 AM »

All I know is it's a very low dose of oestrogen that some women get on with better than Vagifem and Ovestin.
I would hold on going private as you seem to be getting help with this and hopefully the medics will find a solution for you.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 11:12:37 AM by Ayesha »