Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Apologies - update  (Read 25308 times)

Jules

Re: Apologies
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2024, 08:12:53 PM »

Thanks everyone for your comments. I really don't want to post anything on here anymore though. I didn't realise anything I wrote was under such terms and became the property of this forum. It doesn't matter which section you put it under, someone you know may also be using it. I became concerned,  made a polite enquiry via the webmaster email address as to how I could delete posts, I was asked for the link then received that reprimand. Take care everyone.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2024, 08:22:05 PM »

Do U mean that you contacted Emma?  :-\

fiftyplus

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2024, 09:08:14 PM »

Hi Jules I am sorry to hear of this.  I think it sounds like/could possibly just be a generic reply to everyone who wishes to delete their posts, albeit harsh. 

Please reconsider leaving as I for 1 would miss you xx  we are all on here for support for each other and I don't want you leaving when you are needing support for your health issue at the moment but I can't stop you - everyone gives their time freely on here so no-one wastes anyone's time we are all on this forum and journey together that none of us wanted to be on ... 

Take good care of yourself Jules xx  :foryou:

Ayesha

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2024, 09:51:48 PM »

"They've been deleted on this occasion. Many members gave their time and
advice freely, please don't waste their time"

That's not a generic response that is someone being very rude to a fair request about deleting posts.
It's a disgusting way to treat members that keep this forum alive and give their help, support and advice for free, and giving help in any way we can is not wasting our time.

It would be nice if the forum admins thought to say a thank you to the members sometimes for all the help we give it would be a polite thing to do.

getting_old

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2024, 10:05:21 PM »

Whilst reading this I was wondering if it was a generic response too, albeit a rather curt / abrupt one.

Jules

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2024, 10:19:48 PM »

Finally,  it was not a generic reply, exchanges about email addresses had come before it. Tgere was no name put the the replies.  I appreciate your concern and you're right about the usefulness of the forum and help from members, but I don't wish to share anything else on here that is then considered the property of someone else. It's quite bizarre really.

Minusminnie

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2024, 07:03:11 AM »

You can just go into a thread and remove posts that you posted and that you no longer want to be there.  Not an initial first post if you started a thread though.
I’ve had a wobble/rethink before & done this. Seems to me also that many have removed their posts before voluntarily leaving the forum.

It may leave a thread hanging so to speak with altered conversation but then other members haven’t had their posts removed and replies can remain relevant. Members may also understand that someone has had a wobble /rethink or suchlike.

Dierdre

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2024, 07:44:12 AM »

The only posts that can't be deleted are if someone has used your post to answer by clicking on your quote. I think these will be still there and probably have to be removed by admin.
If someone is worried their identify is compromised in any way these posts should be removed on request without any problem whatsoever.

sheila99

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2024, 10:05:33 AM »

I would take it with a large pinch of salt. I suspect she sees things like this as irritating unnecessary workload, certainly when there have been spats on the forum her replies have been more brusque than they needed to be. I'm sorry you feel you can't post and I would encourage you to do so. Perhaps interpret her reply as 'I'm too busy for this, please don't do it again'.

Jules

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2024, 09:00:07 AM »

I would take it with a large pinch of salt. I suspect she sees things like this as irritating unnecessary workload, certainly when there have been spats on the forum her replies have been more brusque than they needed to be. I'm sorry you feel you can't post and I would encourage you to do so. Perhaps interpret her reply as 'I'm too busy for this, please don't do it again'.
Thanks for your perspective. I dont feel I should have to interpret her intention. I wouldnt ever have responded like that at work, even when Im working voluntarily, especially when your dealing with people under a lot of stress. It was my first request, it's not as though its been a regular thing. 
As so many people on here have been so supportive, I am going to let you know the outcome of my gyny assessment before I stop using the forum, though Im still happy to message privately. I have my appointment on Wednesday, only after one had already been cancelled, and Ive had to do a lot of ringing around, it's been terrible communication all round. My GP also now tells me I shouldnt have been using estrogen until Ive seen the consultant and I have been using it, nobody told me, and she wont prescribe my ovestin which Im about to run out of. It's all extremely stressful and worrying. Ive stopped the vagifem for what its worth after all these weeks and bought moisturiser but im still using a tiny bit of ovestin externally to prevent regression and potential UTIs, but im worried Im doing harm. It's an awful situation, I feel sick and my stomach keeps sinking and Im soooo tired with worry. There is no support really.  As I say I will let you know after wednesday.  BTW Still had no more bleeding since the one off 2 months ago, no symptoms at all but I have it in my mind I have cancer and cant think logically.

Penguin

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2024, 09:32:27 AM »

Totally agree. I'd hoped she may have messaged you privately to apologise for her tone, but clearly not. And as mod, she'd surely have seen the post. What a shame, it's made me think twice about posting personal stuff about myself too. And I'll definitely warn others if I recommend the forum to them that they need to be careful.
As for your appointment, well I'm glad you've finally got it and I hope it gives you the answers you need and you can draw a line under this.
It's annoying they didn't tell you to stop using the estrogen but take heart that at least it isn't the larger dosed in systemic estrogen and also thar your symptoms are not ongoing. I feel positive, even if you don't!

Ayesha

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2024, 09:54:07 AM »

Well said, Jules. Rude behaviour should not be excused because one is too busy to respond in a civil manner.

I can't see the point of stopping the VA treatment at this stage as you will know on Wednesday one way or other the position and surely its for the Gynae to say  stop or not. Between a rock and a hard place springs to mind!

Jules

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2024, 10:01:42 AM »

It's all very concerning to think I may have cancer and have been feeding it estrogen but also that all the improvement I made is going to be lost as its taken months. I really don't know whether I should stop everything at this point. Regardless, they're refusing to give me any more. Thankyou anyway. I am an absolute nervous wreck, my stomach is doing somersaults and you just need some tolerance from people at times like this.

Penguin

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2024, 10:47:07 AM »

It's all very concerning to think I may have cancer and have been feeding it estrogen but also that all the improvement I made is going to be lost as its taken months. I really don't know whether I should stop everything at this point. Regardless, they're refusing to give me any more. Thankyou anyway. I am an absolute nervous wreck, my stomach is doing somersaults and you just need some tolerance from people at times like this.

How quickly does it deteriorate when you stop? If you'll notice the difference in a few days then I'd continue until the appointment and then ask, as you don't want to make the procedure uncomfortable.

Mary G

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2024, 11:03:32 AM »

"They've been deleted on this occasion. Many members gave their time and
advice freely, please don't waste their time"

That's not a generic response that is someone being very rude to a fair request about deleting posts.
It's a disgusting way to treat members that keep this forum alive and give their help, support and advice for free, and giving help in any way we can is not wasting our time.

It would be nice if the forum admins thought to say a thank you to the members sometimes for all the help we give it would be a polite thing to do.

Bang on.  It's completely wrong to let someone off the hook and to excuse poor behaviour.

It's terrible Jules and I understand why you would no longer want to take part. 

Wishing you all the best.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6