Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Cauterisation of Urethral Caruncle  (Read 1148 times)

SweetP

• First Flush
Cauterisation of Urethral Caruncle
« on: April 02, 2024, 10:16:58 AM »

Hello,

I'm new to the board, 60 years old on Utrogestan, Sandreena Gel (after shortages) and vagifem.  I have a history of a host of gynae issues but today I would specifically like to ask about urethral caruncles. 

I was diagnosed with one when I had an intrauterine fibroid removed and told it may need to be cauterised if it started bleeding.  I currently have a urethral discharge which ranges from yellow to brown (sorry if TMI) and sometimes pale blood when I wipe, no pain.  Has anyone had similar symptoms?  I think the caruncle may be bleeding but it's not like menstruation blood.  My GP did a urine test not a physical exam and I'm waiting for results, then will book a physical exam if needed.

Has anyone had a caruncle cauterised would be useful to know what to expect if I have to go down that path.

Best wishes,
Paula

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cauterisation of Urethral Caruncle
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 11:19:08 AM »

Morning.  I'll do a search as I am sure that someone mentioned this on the Forum.  As I thought there are several threads, I have bumped two for you.

How R U getting on with the 'vagifem'?

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes.  Ask away, nowt is OTT or too long on here  ::)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 11:21:50 AM by CLKD »

Minusminnie

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 12:59:09 PM »

If you read posts by aidensrest that CLKD has bumped for you it may help you re cauterisation as aidensrest had something done.
I have a caruncle managed with ovestin cream for 7 years now.  I’ve recently asked to be referred to see if anything can now be done about it. Now on a long gynae waiting list.

It may be worth asking for ovestin now called estriol 1mg/g to use externally to reach the parts Vagifem doesn’t.

SweetP

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 07:37:15 AM »

Many thanks. Will look at the other threads.

I’m getting on well with vagifem but Sandreena seems to have stopped working and horrendous night sweats have returned. I have a review session with gp next Tuesday to ask to go back on evorel patches which I believe are now available. Thinking of asking for blood tests to get a baseline for comparison.

Urine test was negative so trying to book a physical exam with gp to get hospital referral for caruncle. Will definitely ask about estriol.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2024, 08:01:13 AM »

Let us knowhow you get on?