Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Letting off steam about refusal to give me more Vagifem  (Read 27343 times)

Katejo

Letting off steam about refusal to give me more Vagifem
« on: April 01, 2024, 01:19:22 PM »

Twice this year I have been required to complete a GP questionnaire to get more HRT (both local and systemic). I reluctantly completed it again last week and received a notification from Boots to say it was available. However, the prescription was for Evorel Conti patches which I hadn't requested. I still have stock of these for another 5-6 weeks. I queried the Vagifem but the pharmacist told me that the GP had removed Vagifem from my account. I am going on holiday pretty soon so tried to buy GINA as a temporary solution but I wasn't allowed to have any because I have the Evorel Conti. 

I got home and logged on to the NHS App and Patient Access. Both still show Vagifem in my list of medications. I have already requested Vagifem again so will see what happens

The GP menopause questionnaire is poorly designed because it only lists a very limited number of possible symptoms which I might have and VA is completely missing from it. I managed to find a way to add it in another section.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Letting off steam about refusal to give me more Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 01:29:51 PM »

I would rant too.   Our Surgery has a dedicated pharmacist ........ it's he who checks my medication twice a year.  No contact with the GP unless I am ill.

Go to another chemist and buy the Gina without being honest? 

U need to speak to the Practice Manager ASAP to find out why the GP has removed the prescription for Vagifem.  As I stated on the other thread, get the PM to phone Dr Currie or read MM .  Some are so worried that we could 'overdose'  >:( or mayB it's the end of year when budgets may be tight?

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 02:04:25 PM »

I would rant too.   Our Surgery has a dedicated pharmacist ........ it's he who checks my medication twice a year.  No contact with the GP unless I am ill.

Go to another chemist and buy the Gina without being honest? 

U need to speak to the Practice Manager ASAP to find out why the GP has removed the prescription for Vagifem.  As I stated on the other thread, get the PM to phone Dr Currie or read MM .  Some are so worried that we could 'overdose'  >:( or mayB it's the end of year when budgets may be tight?
I know that GINA is only sold to post menopausal women but I was also told that I would be required to complete a questionnaire to get it. Then they said they wouldn't even allow me to complete one because of the Evorel Conti.  I am a very poor/reluctant liar! My surgery has a pharmacist but they may be the person who has refused it.
I want to move practice but just don't know of a good one to move to.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2024, 02:29:40 PM »

Have replied on vagifem pain thread. I feel so cross on your behalf!

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2024, 03:15:05 PM »

Talk to the Pharmacist at your Surgery.  Did U take the script to Boots?

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2024, 04:02:48 PM »

Talk to the Pharmacist at your Surgery.  Did U take the script to Boots?
The  practice sent the prescription to Boots. I will be going there tomorrow when they reopen.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2024, 05:20:31 PM »

I wonder why if the Surgery has a Pharmacist, Boots should be involved  :-\

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2024, 07:29:15 PM »

I wonder why if the Surgery has a Pharmacist, Boots should be involved  :-\
The surgery has a pharmacist but not its own pharmacy. The pharmacist approves prescriptions but then they have to be sent to Boots (or another pharmacy). Boots used to be allowed to request repeats for me but this was suddenly stopped.

I am looking at a move to another GP Practice if I don't get a satisfactory reply about the Vagifem in the next 2 days. I have checked my eligibility (re. my address)

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2024, 08:04:32 PM »

Ah.  Get it.  Let us know how you get on?

suzysunday

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2024, 10:06:38 AM »

Very frustrating.  Can you speak to your GP about it?  You seem to be getting messed around. For my local hrt I have to re order once a year through a telephone appointment with my GP.  Bit of a faff but at least you can talk about what you need to the person prescribing.  I make sure I speak to one of the GP s who knows about hrt.  Even then recently she was a bit reluctant to give me a bit extra ovestin!   Hope you can get sorted, it's awful when this happens when you know your body and what you need.

Katejo

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2024, 10:32:26 AM »

Very frustrating.  Can you speak to your GP about it?  You seem to be getting messed around. For my local hrt I have to re order once a year through a telephone appointment with my GP.  Bit of a faff but at least you can talk about what you need to the person prescribing.  I make sure I speak to one of the GP s who knows about hrt.  Even then recently she was a bit reluctant to give me a bit extra ovestin!   Hope you can get sorted, it's awful when this happens when you know your body and what you need.

My practice seems to have recently blocked all repeat prescriptions for HRT (not just tablets as it appears to say here) https://www.thestjamespractice.co.uk/repeat-prescriptions   Boots told me yesterday that there is no repeat showing on their records. How do you manage to ask to speak to a particular GP? I used to have that choice pre covid but not anymore. I definitely only get a 2 month supply.

buffy26

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2024, 11:00:06 AM »

This looks to me like a concern for some people ordering and selling privately on or sharing HRT with others or something. I used to be a medical rep, so I heard stories of such antics going on with repeat prescriptions. Unfortunately a few corrupt folk ruin it for everyone else  :( 

I hope your direct complaint to the PM resolves it, Vagifem if missed even for a few days causes a rapid decline for some

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2024, 11:18:04 AM »

It is dreadful that we are unable to access medication assistance when required.  Too many surgeries have part-time doctors now !

When we want an appt with our GP we go to the main Surgery and ask.  Usually the query is whether it's urgent and if not, we get to see him in about 2.5 weeks.  Surgeries are open for business - according to Matt Hancock a few years ago  :-\.  Some issues are dealt with by the Nurse Practitioners who are able to prescribe.  The pharmacist is employed by our Surgery and does the annual review which the GP used to do. 

I think it can be hard work getting past the receptionists!  If I were refused an appt. I would ask for a phone call ......... ☎️ 📞 [oh haven't used those B4] - and have a list of concerns to hand.  Fortunately this hasn't been necessary.

Katejo

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2024, 12:16:36 PM »

It is dreadful that we are unable to access medication assistance when required.  Too many surgeries have part-time doctors now !

When we want an appt with our GP we go to the main Surgery and ask.  Usually the query is whether it's urgent and if not, we get to see him in about 2.5 weeks.  Surgeries are open for business - according to Matt Hancock a few years ago  :-\.  Some issues are dealt with by the Nurse Practitioners who are able to prescribe.  The pharmacist is employed by our Surgery and does the annual review which the GP used to do. 

I think it can be hard work getting past the receptionists!  If I were refused an appt. I would ask for a phone call ......... ☎️ 📞 [oh haven't used those B4] - and have a list of concerns to hand.  Fortunately this hasn't been necessary.
We aren't allowed to ask for appointments in person at all! We have to complete the online Klinik form and then wait for a reply. If it is a phone call, we have to make ourselves available all day! If we miss a call, we have to start all over again. It is always our fault for missing the call !

shrosphirelass

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2024, 12:47:42 PM »

Katejo, surely it must be better somewhere else. I've never heard anything like it.
Pages: [1] 2 3