Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Headaches with estrodiol patch  (Read 666 times)

MountainGal

• First Flush
Headaches with estrodiol patch
« on: March 18, 2024, 01:48:27 PM »

Has anyone suffered headaches whilst on the patch, I'm a month and half in and I never usually get headaches. But I'm waking up with them, it seems to be a low level ache and my eyes feel really achy too. I was on the gel since 2020 but got to the point where i  didn't think  it was working despite playing around with dosage. It seems to me the only thing that has worked so far is a low dose of anti-depressant, which cleared my heart palpations, anxiety, low mood and night sweats. I had 3 years of trying to figure out what HRT works and within a month an entirely different medication has sorted it out. I'm questioning whether i need to be on HRT at all?!?

Hurdity

Re: Headaches with estrodiol patch
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 05:02:59 PM »

Hi Mountaingal - please could you tell us a bit more. Are you peri or post menopause? How old are you? What patch are you using and what progestogen (if you still have a womb)?

Hurdity x

JoannFran

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 04:22:42 PM »

Hi - I'm on evorel 100 patches and I can be quite headachy.  I also get weird head sensations, but these are different to the everyday headache feeling and definitely worse when on the Utrogestan part of the month.  I'm pretty sure that headaches are a common-ish side effect of HRT, or could it be that you're not absorbing the patches as well as the gel and need a higher dose? 
Which AD are you on, if you don't mind me asking? x

CrispyChick

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 10:36:41 AM »

Oh yes. I'd love to know what AD and dose you are finding to work.

I think that route may have potential for me. X

PearlJ

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 10:58:46 AM »

I’ve also started with morning headaches. A bit like a hangover but without the alcohol!

MountainGal

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2024, 03:31:43 PM »

So sorry for not replying, been a bit busy. I'm 48 and i do still have a womb, I'm on Estroderm (50) uestrogen 100mg (vaginally) I have to do the latter every other day as it really affects my mood in the luteal phase. I'm on Sertraline 25mg, they recommend going up to 50mg after 2 weeks but I never did and feel fine. I went on AD's years ago for post-natel drepression and felt a bit like a Zombie on Prozac so I was bit reticent but I was desperate as I'd tried all the non-medical alternatives.