Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Generic estrogen pessaries / Update  (Read 1528 times)

buffy26

Re: Generic estrogen pessaries
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2024, 11:38:13 AM »

Thank you MrsMitch, all good information to have. I didnt go onto HRT until I was 58 as I was scared. My mother had a DVT and I had endometriosis. It wasnt until I was being referred to so many 'ologists' for different symptoms and a Dexa scan that I decided to take the plunge and chance it. My estrogen levels were non existent and I didn't absorb it when I first went onto patches. Even now on 4 pumps of gel I have only reached 310 on two separate blood tests. GP says not to increase and 310 is an acceptable level, despite aches and pains and night sweats. It could well be no estroge at all that caused the fusing,  however I had this year noticed a silvery/whitish hue on an off whilst trying to navigate VA. I am stopping the steriod cream, there is no evidence of the LS since I stepped up the steroids but now I am too sore to continue. I emailed the dermatology secretaries earlier to ask for advice in the meantime.
Thank you again. I think for now its just emollients and no pessaries or steroids unless my GP allows Vagifem back into my life!

MrsMitch

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2024, 01:48:12 PM »

I had endometriosis too, Buffy, really badly with no treatment and so hoped the menopause would be a doddle. Ha, how wrong I was!

buffy26

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2024, 02:46:23 PM »

Me too MrsMitch, I felt I’d paid my price for being a woman! Endometriosis is horrendous, I read it’s as bad as having a heart attack. I discovered a fabulous medical herbalist who treated me and for the last 10 of my fertile years I was pain free 🙏  I also was blessed with the ability to conceive but it cost me my marriage and then menopause has cost me in my second relationship. It takes a kind and strong man to understand and support us through everything female. Treasure them if you have one everyone!
My daughter is now going through it all, just waiting for results for the internal scan, but I believe the only way is a laparoscopy.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2024, 07:04:50 PM »

Diedre - did U get a lookC in the big microscope  :o  8)

U R all so good at getting advice and treatments, even though for some it can take years  >:(.  mayB a book between you?   ;)

Dierdre

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2024, 08:54:09 PM »

Diedre - did U get a lookC in the big microscope  :o  8)

U R all so good at getting advice and treatments, even though for some it can take years  >:(.  mayB a book between you?   ;)

The microscope image of the vulva was projected onto a big screen, so yes a very close up look, bit more than i needed  ;D

buffy26

Re: Generic estrogen pessaries / Update
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2024, 12:00:40 PM »

Hi all,

I thought Id share and update on the generic Estrodial pessaries. My GP was very accommodating and switched me without hesitancy back to Vagifem.
The difference is significant. The colour and general rawness has improved and things are gradually looking back to how they were when I was switched to Estrodial, so I must either be sensitive to something in the ingredients or there is a smaller amount of a key ingredient in the Estrodial.

Jules

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2024, 04:17:50 PM »

Hi all,

I thought Id share and update on the generic Estrodial pessaries. My GP was very accommodating and switched me without hesitancy back to Vagifem.
The difference is significant. The colour and general rawness has improved and things are gradually looking back to how they were when I was switched to Estrodial, so I must either be sensitive to something in the ingredients or there is a smaller amount of a key ingredient in the Estrodial.

That's interesting. Im currently using estriadol but have some vagifem waiting. I might switch and see if there's any difference

buffy26

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2024, 09:25:36 PM »

Yes, that will be interesting to see if you have a good outcome too on Vagifem Jules, I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
Pages: 1 [2]