Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Double dose- was too good to be true!  (Read 869 times)

Sgtvhilts

Double dose- was too good to be true!
« on: March 29, 2024, 08:48:59 PM »

Hi folks-
I posted last week for the first time in a long time kinda of ‘bragging’ about feeling ‘amazing having doubled my dose of femeston conti (1/5) so 2/10 every day. Sound to good to be true…. Well , now a few weeks later I am thinking YES it was  >:(.
I was settled on 2/10 sequi for 5 years but 54 and fed up of periods…….. I changed
I have always been a funny kind of gal with progesterone and I am now feeling quite mad- well really sad (not depressed) incredibly irritable, angry , can’t be bothered with literally anything and proper anxious. I am thinking too much progesterone, so what to do????
If I drop to one pill a day that is only 1mgs of oestrogen ! I’ve always needed a higher oestrogen so question is - if I drop to a single tablet how will I get the 3(4 msg of oestrogen I need- well ,okay like…….. ;D
and if I can’t tolerate everyday progesterone- where next!

sheila99

Re: Double dose- was too good to be true!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 10:14:44 AM »

Go back to the 2/10 sequi you were good on? I'm 63 and choose to stay on long cycle sequi because for me a bleed is better than pro side effects. They say there's a slightly higher risk of endometrial cancer this way.

Sgtvhilts

Re: Double dose- was too good to be true!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 04:39:01 PM »

Hi,
Thanx for coming back. Yes, I think after all, I am probably not getting on with the prog…….again. It has always been thus >:(. When I was on the sequi I used to get a release, like a huge mental improvement when I stopped taking the prog bit, fine when just on the oestrogen. Yesterday evening I took just one of the conti pills (instead of 2) and did wake up feeling less ‘agitated’ . So , I think all that ‘evidence’ supports that me and prog really don’t get on.
Sooooooo onwards, but where?
Back to periods- well, interestingly, I have been having spotting/ minor bleed on the conti on exactly a 28 day cycle!! That shouldn’t happen, maybe my own cycle still going on ( I only changed because I was 54 and ‘bored’ with bleeds).0R
What is this ‘long cycle’ sequi you mention - looked up on line and couldn’t find any info.
My GP is actually very good- he just does what I suggest :) within reason
So ladies - all suggestions greatfully recived  :)