Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Energy  (Read 564 times)

Apple

Energy
« on: March 22, 2024, 02:54:07 PM »

Does anyone else feel the absolute lack of energy post menopause? I'm 62 now and the difference between now and say 55 is marked. I just spent 4 days away and realised I just can't walk around much anymore. Everything aches and I get so tired. I started Pilates recently and thought it would help  but my stamina and energy are just rock bottom.

Taz2

Re: Energy
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 03:40:00 PM »

I'm older than you but I have found lack of energy very noticeable even though I am on HRT. I don't use testosterone though which can improve energy levels. One thing that did make a difference was asking my GP to check my vitD level due to my symptoms of tiredness, muscle aches etc. This turned out be very low and after a course of prescribed high dose vitD supplement for 10 weeks things improved immensely. I now take the recommended 400iu each day. Have you had yours checked lately?

Taz x

Apple

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 04:54:48 PM »

No I haven't. Maybe it's an issue. I just find I feel a bit leaden walking around. If I'm not looking for a toilet it's a bench 😂 I didn't expect to feel this worn out. I'm on a low dose HRT.

Charliehorse1

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2024, 05:12:16 PM »

I've felt a marked improvement after taking a Vitamin B complex.

I've actually started exercising again, which I could not have imagined even attempting previously. Been on HRT for over a year and my energy levels were getting worse.

Petra

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2024, 05:41:57 PM »

What progesterone are you on OP? I noticed my energy levels really dropped after my GP switched me to Utrogestan. I didn't work it out for over year, actually, but after switching back to Provera in January this year, I feel so much better. I don't expect to have the energy of a 30 year old, but I certainly don't expect to feel as bad as I was feeling. (I'm 62.)

Apple

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2024, 05:45:59 PM »

I'm on Kliovance 1mg /0.5 Mg Estriadol /Norethisterone acetate.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2024, 06:17:42 PM »

I remember MinL telling me that she didn't have as much energy as she aged and certainly, I have to pace myself these days.  Partly because I don't exercise enough and noticed after a walk over rough ground yesterday with a friend that I was puffing at the end of 2 years  ::)