Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Irregular bleed  (Read 1554 times)

Ruthie64

• First Flush
Irregular bleed
« on: March 21, 2024, 04:51:00 PM »

Hi, new on here!
I’ve been on evorel sequi for 18months.
Normal monthly bleeds. Until this month. Week one of oestrogen and had mild discharge that turned black after a couple of days. Stopped after 4 days in total. Didn’t even need a panty liner. Did see one clot. Coincidentally, I had a review same week. Mentioned this to my GP, now awaiting an urgent scan. Really worried! I thought it was probably an old bleed and wasn’t concerned but my GP referred me…anyone else had this?? Perfectly normal now, even after sex all was ok.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 04:53:06 PM by Ruthie64 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Irregular bleed
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 06:25:22 PM »

Yep.  It's always wise to have a scan for any breakthrough bleeding, it may be that your own hormones have over ridden the HRT.  A scan gives a base line from which to work.  Black blood may be a concern as it's been 'stuck' somewhere, brown blood is often due to not enough hormone to push it from the womb  ::)

There should be a 2-3 week wait for this particular scan - take a list of worries along to the appt..  Let us know how you get on.

Ruthie64

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 07:11:07 PM »

Thank you…I’m definitely stressed about it. Have a Gp phone call tomorrow to discuss my worries. Scan due on the 2nd but also due then too! Don’t know if they’ll be able to do if on a period.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 07:13:37 PM by Ruthie64 »

Ruthie64

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 07:27:56 PM »

Hi, new on here!
I’ve been on evorel sequi for 18months.
Normal monthly bleeds. Until this month. Week one of oestrogen and had mild discharge that turned black after a couple of days. Stopped after 4 days in total. Didn’t even need a panty liner. Did see one clot. Coincidentally, I had a review same week. Mentioned this to my GP, now awaiting an urgent scan. Really worried! I thought it was probably an old bleed and wasn’t concerned but my GP referred me…anyone else had this?? Perfectly normal now, even after sex all was ok.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2024, 10:51:50 AM »

I wouldn't worry, very few scans show up anything sinister. The urgency is for post meno women where bleeding may indicate cancer. In peri most women have unexpected/light/heavy/long/short/missed bleeds anyway. On evorel sequi it was an event when I did bleed when I should, it was normally my own cycle that decided when it came. When I had precancerous cells it was bright red spotting not old blood. Good that you're having a scan though most likely it will show all is well.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2024, 04:16:56 PM »

Hi Ruthie. Good advice already. Just wanted to add that the scan can be done while you are bleeding. This is a bit embarrassing for us to think about but something that is an everyday occurrence for the medical staff. I've had three scans in the past during heavy bleeding. Let us know how you get on

Taz x :welcomemm:

Dazedandconfused

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2024, 11:19:42 PM »

I also had a scan while I was bleeding. I was very apologetic, embarrassed and nervous.  Staff were great, very reassuring and unconcerned about the bleeding whilst scanning.  All turned out fine so please try not to worry.  Easier said than done though, I was beside myself!