Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel Product Recall  (Read 623 times)

RebJT

Oestrogel Product Recall
« on: March 21, 2024, 03:37:32 PM »

Hi All

This might get lost buried in the thread it was shared on.  Besins have finally admitted what those of us on the product already know, there's a problem.  They have issued a recall on two batch numbers to pharmacists and wholesalers (not patients who have to return duff batches to pharmacy).

Details here: https://www.gov.uk/drug-device-alerts/class-3-medicines-recall-besins-healthcare-uk-ltd-oestrogel-pump-pack-750-micrograms-slash-actuation-gel-estradiol-el-24-a-slash-09

I'm hoping this is a first step in admitting something generally is off with this product, as many women are suffering very badly, but for now, we have some admission on some batches so you can check against your prescription.

Cheers

Christine79

Re: Oestrogel Product Recall
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 08:53:46 PM »

Thanks! I'm still waiting to hear from besin with an outcome on the bottle I sent back.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 09:01:56 PM »

Thank you for sharing. I have been feeling a bit off recently even though i use 4 pumps. Feelings of anxiety and feeling sick, also a flare up of VA which I though was possibly the generic Vagifem I had been switched too. Unfortunately I have just thrown out the ones i was using so can't check them.

RebJT

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 11:25:24 PM »

Hey

If you're struggling come and join us on the "faulty batch" big thread, you're one of many. Ive gone really downhill too.

x