Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Feeling rubbish - dosage help?  (Read 532 times)

PearlJ

Feeling rubbish - dosage help?
« on: March 20, 2024, 01:37:59 PM »

I’ve been on evorel conti 50 since December. My symptoms had been sudden and mainly mood related and it definitely helped!
Fast fwd 12 weeks and I had severe breast pain and bleeding and had an internal scan which was all clear.
The nurse recommended I halve my  patch which I have been doing about two weeks. Today I feel dreadful. It’s really hard to explain but I just feel like crying all the time. I have headache and just feel crap. I feel like I can’t talk to anyone about anything without crying. I have an issue (yet to be resolved) with horrendous pain in the tops of my feet as well as sciatica. I consider myself a young fit 55 who is never at the GP but just lately I feel like I have gone so downhill and falling to bits.
Sorry for the long rant I just need help! What should I do about the dosage? Thanks ladies x

sheila99

Re: Feeling rubbish - dosage help?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 02:06:12 PM »

We're you definitely meno before you started hrt (1 year without a bleed)? Perhaps it's from your own oestrogen? The ovaries continue to do 'something' for some rime after periods have stopped. If it was me I'd go back to the original dosage and consider more/different progestin after the 3-6 months when bleeding on a new conti regime can be expected. If it's your own period hrt won't stop it.
 And rant away, we've all been there  :(.

PearlJ

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 02:11:13 PM »

We're you definitely meno before you started hrt (1 year without a bleed)? Perhaps it's from your own oestrogen? The ovaries continue to do 'something' for some rime after periods have stopped. If it was me I'd go back to the original dosage and consider more/different progestin after the 3-6 months when bleeding on a new conti regime can be expected. If it's your own period hrt won't stop it.
 And rant away, we've all been there  :(.
Sorry for being thick but what do you mean by different progestin? Would I be better using gel? I came off the mini pill in 2019 and haven’t had a period since. 

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 02:25:24 PM »

If you have a womb you need a progestin to keep the lining thin, a thickened lining is a cancer risk. Evorel conti contains oestrogen and a synthetic progestin, noresthisterone. It can take 3-6 months for bleeding to settle on a new conti regime. After this time if you're definitely meno and that scan shows no other cause you may have to try a different strategy such a mirena, a different type of progestin or an increased dose. Patch or gel usually comes down to personal preference. Gel is oestrogen only so you need to add a progestin, usually utrogestan or provera. Utro is body identical so supposed to be better. But I have no sideceffects from noresthiserone but fatigue on utro. It seems you need the 50mg dose of oestrogen as your symptoms return without it so I would use that dosecand do something different with the progestin if you find you have to.

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 02:29:04 PM »

Hugs PearlJ

I don't have anything to add about dosage, but as I've just said in another lady's thread about estradiol, I've lowered mine and feel really low and anxious.  And zero energy.

Anyway just offering support here and hugs.  And tea and cake, if you were nearby, lol.  Hang in there.

PearlJ

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 03:53:23 PM »

I put a full patch on yesterday so see how that goes. Headache is still there. It’s mainly the way I feel that’s an issue. Today for example my usually very low heart rate is up, I feel worried and anxious and low. I even feel catastrophic about my relationship and the little cracks that are there now make me feel like just throwing in the towel. I can’t talk to him about any of it as he is hopeless with this kind of stuff.