Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Cyclical HRT question  (Read 980 times)

Izzy

• First Flush
Cyclical HRT question
« on: March 30, 2024, 04:08:13 PM »

Hello 👋
I am new to HRT and a bit confused on what to do. My first month on estrogen 25 patch and 200 progesterone day 14 to 28.
I did not get a bleed after finishing progesterone.  It is now day 11 since last progesterone dose. When do I start the next cycle? In 3 days? What if my period comes tmrw? What if my period start after I start progesterone? That was the case for me when I was on progesterone only to regulate my period- period would come while still taking progesterone ie day 21. I'm not sure what to do any insight would  be so appreciated.  Thank you

Sgtvhilts

Re: Cyclical HRT question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 04:59:41 PM »

Hi,
By no means am I an ‘expert’, but been on the ole HRT about 6 years.
You seem to be on quite a low dose of oestrogen - which is fine if it controls your symptoms, but I wouldn’t imagine much endo has built up to come away in a bleed.
I would just carry on with your prescribed cycle (presumably 14 days of oestrogen only, followed by 14 days of both, then straight back to 14 of oestrogen and on and on…….. for ever (:.
Some ladies do not get bleeds on sequi, they miss some but I think most do-  you might have one next time . So, I  would go on for say 3 months and if still no bleed then go back to your prescriber. Hope helps.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 05:56:12 PM »

Medical advice is to carry on with the hrt cycle regardless. If you have a strong cycle of your own I find it better to alter the hrt to sync with my own.

Izzy

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 06:09:02 PM »

Thank you very much. I did have my cycle still so that's why Dr put me on a low dose of estrogen.  My periods were all over and light so I am assuming my own estrogen is low.
In a couple of months I might ask to up the estrogen but will give the low dose some more time as I do see improvement in sleep and mood and exhaustion.