Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Nights sweats  (Read 635 times)

eileenbeattie

Nights sweats
« on: March 20, 2024, 09:08:06 AM »

Hi ladies, I've just started back on the everol patches for a week and noticed the last couple of nights in bed that I'm covered in sweat especially my face and chest area. Is this normal as I've only been back on them for over a week. I know they say you have to give them 3 months to properly work🤔

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Nights sweats
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 09:10:54 AM »

Morning.  Does this mean that you have taken a break  :-\ from HRT?

eileenbeattie

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 09:24:01 AM »

Good morning

Yeah I was only on hrt for 2 months as I was getting really horrible symptoms and blamed the patch. My nurse told me I had to have least given them the whole 3 months to work and said I would be better back on them so started up again last week 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 11:50:22 AM »

Why did U begin HRT?  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.  Sometimes our own hormones can over ride the replacement which makes 1 feel a bit squiffy  >:(  ::)

Let us know how you get on.  3 months is the recommended time to trial HRT to allow uptake into the body. 

eileenbeattie

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 01:14:52 PM »

I started hrt in December to help with night sweats and they did help but was getting funny symptoms and thought the patch was the cause. So my.nurse advised me to go back on them which I just started last week

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 02:12:01 PM »

Ate they evorel oestrogen only patches or the combined ones which include a progestin? One week really is too soon to tell but it's usually the progestin that causes problems so might try starting with just oestrogen and see how you feel. What were the side effects that caused you to stop? Anything from the list of known side effects?

joziel

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 02:18:43 PM »

Usually night sweats are due to low estrogen. You don't have enough estrogen yet to fix the vasomotor symptoms.

But you can't increase estrogen too fast, so just keep going and after 8-12wks, increase. Increase up to 100mcg patch and then test your bloods during your period (to rule out your own estrogen contribution) to be sure you are absorbing.

eileenbeattie

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2024, 07:58:38 PM »

I'm using the estrogen and progesterone combined. My symptoms that I had were muscle cramps feeling very tired an. My doctor said that the patches shouldn't be causing these symptoms but I panicked and abruptly stopped after 2 months. I've started using them again as I still had weird symptoms after stopping them. I'm just hoping everything settles down if I stick to them. Thanks for your messages ladies 😊