Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Weird head sensations - Utrogestan?  (Read 913 times)

JoannFran

Weird head sensations - Utrogestan?
« on: March 19, 2024, 02:06:21 PM »

Hi

Wondered if anyone has experienced weird head sensations?  Mine is only ever on the left side of my head, it's like a pressure feeling and I can feel it in my ear and behind my eye and also behind my nose, it's very odd.  I'm on 100 evorel patches and 200mg utrogestan for 12 days. Could it be the utrogestan?  I think the head sensations are worse when I'm on it.  Sometimes I feel like my face gets a strange dragging sensation too.  I know it's nothing 'serious' as I've been getting it for years, but it's seems more frequent lately.  Cluster headache maybe?  I'm also on propranolol so it could be that.

Thank you! x

Carolissosmiley

• First Flush
Re: Weird head sensations - Utrogestan?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 02:21:20 PM »

Hi,

I posted only yesterday about burning scalp but I do feel pressure too and that is mostly on the left hand side of my head

I have been writing stuff down and it feels a but like pressure/cramp on my head! and I do get a bit of pressure in my eyes and nose

I am on 50 evorel and 200mg utrogestan but I am almost 2 years in and this is new to me so I have asked for a review of my HRT

I feel reassured when I see people are also going through similar

JoannFran

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 02:38:04 PM »

now that you mention it, mine also feels 'hot' in certain areas one on my forehead and one on the top left hand side of my head. Like a hot spot! 

I definitely had this before going on HRT and it died down for a while, so I'm thinking that maybe my estrogen needs upping.  I'm already on 100 patches but my estrogen level was 269 on my blood test last month, so not excessively high. 

Very reassuring to hear similar experiences! xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024, 04:57:09 PM »

I've had weird reaction to an anti-depressant - a change of manufactorer - which went after I was given another packet.  So it may well be chemical for you.