Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Faulty Pump pack  (Read 832 times)

MidgetGem82

• First Flush
Faulty Pump pack
« on: March 16, 2024, 10:12:42 PM »

I've just opened a new pack of oestrogel and the pump doesn't seem to be dispensing. It spluttered a bit, then a large bit of gel came out and then nothing on the next pump. I've pumped it loads of times and occasionally a bit will come out and then nothing. It's clearly a faulty bottle! Problem is it's the only one I have. Does anyone know if I take it to any pharmacy that's open tomorrow if they'll be able to swap it for me? My normal pharmacy won't be open as it's Sunday
Thanks for any advice

VioletAquarius

Re: Faulty Pump pack
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 10:43:50 PM »

I'm not sure, ring them up and ask before you set off.

misskh

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 09:36:57 AM »

My recent bottle of Oestrogel is doing the same so assuming it a faulty batch, if the same brand.

I've persevered and given in a good shake  before any gel comes out in dribs and drabs.

As said give them a call and see if they'll change it for you.

MidgetGem82

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 02:05:38 PM »

My recent bottle of Oestrogel is doing the same so assuming it a faulty batch, if the same brand.

I've persevered and given in a good shake  before any gel comes out in dribs and drabs.

As said give them a call and see if they'll change it for you.

Mine is batch no. 74800. Does that match yours? Tried to take it to Boots this morning but they said I'll have to take it back to the paramcy I got it from so it will have to wait until tomorrow

misskh

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2024, 10:46:14 PM »

74759 is the banch number on mine.

How odd, hopefully it's not going to be across a range of bottles.

Pippa52

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 11:34:52 AM »

So many problems for so many people with Oestrogel at the moment.  Both with the pump dispenser and the weakness of the gel.  You are not alone there is a long thread going on about it on this site I will post the link to it.  Do hope you can get it sorted out soon x  https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67309.0.html
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 12:02:21 PM by Pippa52 »

MidgetGem82

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 12:44:44 PM »

I took it back to my normal pharmacy this morning and she swapped it for a new bottle. She said she'd had a few come back not working and was going to raise it with the manufacturer.

Thanks for link Pippa52, I've been following that thread with interest as I've only recently started on Oestrogel (and HRT in general) so no idea whether it's working for me yet really and can't compare to the old bottles but I thought that was more an issue with the gel itself rather than the pump.

Pippa52

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2024, 02:29:35 PM »

Hi MidgetGem82.  It seems to be problems with both.  I was on Oestrogel for over 20 years originally and when the shortages kicked in had to be on several different types of HRT delivery methods..  When Oestrogel came available again I went back on it but noticed a huge difference and felt really unwell.  On having an oestrogen level blood test it was found my level was only 55 pmol and the Meno consultant said I might as well not be on HRT at all despite being on more pumps of the gel per day that I was originally.  Was swopped onto Estradot patches - it took a while to get the levels right but at long last now all working well.  Hope so much you are able to get things sorted out and that your HRT journey really makes you feel better x

Penguin

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2024, 03:13:22 PM »

I am away, due back today. I have one bottle of estrogel open (more than half way through it) which I took with me. And on the morning we left I opened another one, chucked the first five pumps away and then applied my dose amd peft that bottle at home.  Tried to use my already open bottle the next day while away and it is clearly pumping out much less than the new bottle. I wouldnt have noticed had I not got two bottles on the go at the same time. I can't see how it is giving me a consistent dose if less is coming out the further you get down the bottle 🤷‍♂️. The pump is clearly not working as it should.

MidgetGem82

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2024, 03:56:57 PM »

I've reported my faulty one via the Yellow card scheme. I'd encourage everyone with any faults/issues to do the same so that they can see how wide spread the issues are

misskh

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2024, 05:33:58 PM »

Just filled out the details and sent them off too.