Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Natural remedies for Vaginal Atrophy?  (Read 1326 times)

Bo

Natural remedies for Vaginal Atrophy?
« on: March 15, 2024, 02:53:07 PM »

Hi All, has anyone tried e.g. coconut oil, jojoba, aloe vera, or vitamin E suppositories for vaginal atrophy? And if so, was it successful or not so much?
Thank you  :)

SarahT

Re: Natural remedies for Vaginal Atrophy?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 04:07:52 PM »

Hi Bo

On my gps recommendation I now use coconut oil externally for severe dryness and it really is effective.

I still use Ovestin each night internally, and YES during the day externally but at night I use a hefty dose of coconut oil ( organic from a health food shop), it's quite solid but warmth of fingers makes it softly pliable it can leave a bit of an oily stain so watching for that. I wouldn't be without it now.

Bo

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 06:11:20 PM »

Thank you. Do you know if it can be used internally too?  :)

SarahT

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 07:11:31 PM »

Not sure, so hope someone else can confirm for you.

I am happy using Ovestin ( or equivalent internally) my g.p has full agreement to me using it every night. But for me, shining externally sung, and I don't think the YES moisturiser is enough for me, so adding in the coconut seems to work best.

Ayesha

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 07:53:52 PM »

I can't see how anything else can work when treating VA other than replacing the lost oestrogen which in turn reverses the aging process and stops all the horrid symptoms, or relieves them greatly.

SarahT

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2024, 09:16:16 PM »

Am sorry about ridiculous auto corrects - my reply made little sense even to me... It's been a long very painful day. Blame my tiredness 🙄

Should read " using Ovestin  externally stung ". The mix of the 3 products makes things feel the most comfortable.

Jules

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024, 11:48:07 PM »

I can't see how anything else can work when treating VA other than replacing the lost oestrogen which in turn reverses the aging process and stops all the horrid symptoms, or relieves them greatly.

I agree. Moisturisers are needed because od dryness and dryness is due to tissues wasting with lack of estrogen.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 09:25:30 AM »

I use 'ovestin' internally and externally, occasionally KY jelly externally.

RebJT

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2024, 11:39:52 AM »

Hiya

I use vagifem pessaries internally (these are available OTC as Gina), ovestin externally and YES moisturiser, I also take a good dollop of oestrogen HRT which obviously tackles the root of the issue which is lack of oestrogen.  YES is brilliant, you can get it in a tube, or as little individual internal doses.  However, moisturiser is really cherry on the cake, the cake is the oestrogen.

x

fiftyplus

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2024, 12:12:48 PM »

Hiya

I use vagifem pessaries internally (these are available OTC as Gina), ovestin externally and YES moisturiser, I also take a good dollop of oestrogen HRT which obviously tackles the root of the issue which is lack of oestrogen.  YES is brilliant, you can get it in a tube, or as little individual internal doses.  However, moisturiser is really cherry on the cake, the cake is the oestrogen.

x
Hi RebJT - what is the name of the dollop of oestrogen HRT that you use? x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2024, 12:54:16 PM »

That was my next question  ::)