Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Womb lining  (Read 795 times)

Charleyfarley

Womb lining
« on: March 12, 2024, 03:50:56 PM »

Hi all

Hoping someone in the know might be able to share some knowledge! I was pondering at my desk today in work….sommy never ending  really light bleed (3 weeks and 2 days now) would be potentially put down to a thickened womb lining…what I don’t understand is, sorry for the daftness 🤦‍♀️, I would imagine a lining shedding something building up would be quite substantial 🤷‍♀️ I don’t understand a lining that would drip feel small amounts daily for such a long period of time? I’m baffled….

I have one more week to go and that will make it 4 weeks at which point my nurse told me to go back and they will take another look….

I came off HRT on New Years Day (not post menopausal-it just didn’t suit) and had no bleed for 2 months….but now this constant tap dripping a little bit daily for 3 weeks…the nurse will do some investigations I’m sure….im just genuinely intrigued as to how and why the womb decides to dispense at different volumes 😂🤔

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Womb lining
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 04:15:29 PM »

If your hormone levels are dropping there may not be enough 'push' to get a proper bleed.  Take a list for discussion.

lillith112

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 06:15:30 PM »

I came off my HRT 3 months ago to be able to have some hormone blood tests. First month had spotting which carried on for 2 weeks, then I had a normal bleed followed by more spotting for 2 weeks and then I had the heaviest period in my entire life, I bled through my pad through clothing and onto my bedding, the pads were completely drenched and I had to change them every hour.
I asked GP if I could go back on HRT as never had any of this. She refused until I have an ultrasound scan 😔 which is next Thursday. I hope you find out the cause of your spotting, it's so annoying isn't it ?

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 06:28:09 PM »

Hi all

Hoping someone in the know might be able to share some knowledge! I was pondering at my desk today in work….sommy never ending  really light bleed (3 weeks and 2 days now) would be potentially put down to a thickened womb lining…what I don’t understand is, sorry for the daftness 🤦‍♀️, I would imagine a lining shedding something building up would be quite substantial 🤷‍♀️ I don’t understand a lining that would drip feel small amounts daily for such a long period of time? I’m baffled….

I have one more week to go and that will make it 4 weeks at which point my nurse told me to go back and they will take another look….

I came off HRT on New Years Day (not post menopausal-it just didn’t suit) and had no bleed for 2 months….but now this constant tap dripping a little bit daily for 3 weeks…the nurse will do some investigations I’m sure….im just genuinely intrigued as to how and why the womb decides to dispense at different volumes 😂🤔

Hi Charleyfarley - How long is a piece of string? Sorry to hear about your problems.

If you are peri-menopausal then unpredictable bleeding and spotting is one of the symptoms, due to fluctuating homrones cycles where you don't ovulate, decreasing oestrogen etc - aside from other factors which can cause bleeding like fibroids or polyps.

Also depends what HRT you were on before you came off it, and what your cycle was doing before you started hRT, to determine where you are in menopause and whether bleeding is normal or abnormal.

When the womb lining gets thickened - if this is part of the natural cycle, then after ovulation, once the progesterone from the dead egg follicle has used up when the egg is not fertilised, the progesterone level drops and the lining is shed.  If ovulation doesn't occur and during peri-menopause or sometimes post-menopause if insufficient progesterone, and the lining thickens - it sometimes sheds spontaenously and unpredictably which can be anything from spotting to full-on bleed.

Hopefully when you've had some investigations you will have a clearer picture of what's happening...

Wishing you well

Hurdity x
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 08:41:17 PM by Hurdity »

Charleyfarley

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 08:22:38 PM »

Hurdity thank you so much 🙏 that really helps…just understanding the workings of hormones….every day literally IS a school day! I’ll pop back next week and see what my nurse can look into…

In answer to your questions, I was on Evorel Sequi for only 3 months from Sept 2023……my periods were getting really light and then tried the HRT for 3 months, still quite light bleeds but then a mahoosive one that scared me, then when I withdrew the patches there was nothing for 2 months…and now a three week very very light bleed…absolutely no bother to my life and I haven’t had any pain, cramps etc…it’s just the anxiety of what is causing it…the nurse wasn’t concerned and said if it’s still there in another 2 weeks to go back…she said if it was heavy she would be looking more urgently but this can happen in peri..

In your time talking to ladies, has prolonged light bleeding for weeks been something that would be quite standard in peri?

Charleyfarley

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2024, 08:30:55 PM »

CKLD thank you 🙏 that makes sense!! Not enough to give it a good push…which is preferable to flooding!!

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2024, 08:45:39 PM »

Not sure I can answer that - hopefully someone else will be along but we seem to have had every type of bleeding on here! It is less of a worry if you are peri-menopausal and also that you've been on HRT albeit only for a short while, before stopping. Try not to worry and the nurse will hopefully be able to reassure you. One thing I will say, that if you are peri-menopausal which sounds like you are, if your periods were not getting very infrequent or few and far between, then your womb lining will thicken as part of the cycle, and then you may or may not ovulate, so the thickness may not tell you anything even if they scan you. Hopefully though your mind will soon be put at rest.

Hurdity x

Charleyfarley

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2024, 08:53:06 PM »

Thank you Hurdity 🙏 most definitely seem to have every bleeding question on here 😂…..it’s crazy isn’t it…because I’m so reassurance based I end up chatting to so many ladies at work etc about their experience…and their experiences are mind boggling 🤯 one woman told me today that her periods just don’t stop in Peri 🤯😮 ever!!!! I speak to women that don’t suffer with any health anxiety and I’m so envious….i was like “oh myyyyy goodness I’d be at the GP demanding answers!!” And she was just taking it in her stride 🤷‍♀️

Lillith112 I’m so sorry you’ve been struggling but my goodness that sounds like my experience so does give me a little reassurance!

I think I’m just so used to reading about heavy prolonged bleeding that I’m not really sure what’s going on with the prolonged really light bleeding 🤔🥹

I’ll update you all when I’ve been to the nurse next week…thank you much 🙏 xxx

Donna69

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2024, 10:54:37 PM »

Hi I came off hrt last year and had exactly the same just drip bleeding some days would just get it in a morning then nothing til the next morning it went on for 7weeks.gp sent me for a scan which showed a thickened lining so had a hysteroscopy but by the time I had that the bleeding had stopped and lining was thin.think like someone else said we don’t have the hormones to get things moving properly

Charleyfarley

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2024, 06:41:29 AM »

Oh Donna that’s exactly like mine, some days only at certain times and hardly anything! Thank you 🙏 definitely helps to know someone else has had the same! A lady said the same previously but I think that was heavier bleeding, it’s the light bleeding that had me baffled! Xx

Penguin

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2024, 06:56:57 AM »

I can only echo what others have said, its most likely to be low levels of hormones that are not strong enough to push it out as a proper bleed. A few months ago I stopped hrt for a week, didn't bleed that month so can only assume my own hormones were too low. The following month it was also slow to start and didn't really get into full flow. I think probably your body wants a bleed but your own hormones are insufficient.

Charleyfarley

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2024, 08:46:13 AM »

Aaaaah Penguin 🙏 and this is why I come here….my nurse is lovely and is genuinely very helpful & thorough…but in her 20’s so can never relate 😂🤷‍♀️ this really does help me…and makes a lot of sense…thank you xx