Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to deal with insomnia  (Read 5525 times)

PearlJ

Re: How to deal with insomnia
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2024, 11:57:50 AM »

PearlJ what dose of phenergan?  I noticed you can get a nite time formula too

Mine were only 10mg and during bouts of insomnia I would take every night. Once back in a sleeping rhythm I stop taking them. Worth a try?

Petra

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2024, 06:14:01 PM »

Thanks all.  My doctor gave me a short course of Zopiclone.  I've only taken 2 but they still didn't help me sleep.  Tired and miserable unfortunately

Oh dear. I've found Zopiclone knocks me right out, though it doesn't tend to keep me asleep. I cut it into thirds with a pill cutter, I find it so strong. Did you have any side effects from it the next day? I'm soooo sorry for what you're going through.

merrygoround

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2024, 12:35:36 PM »

This is a study comparing clonidine (easy for menopausal women to get as mentioned before) to zopiclone (that you are trying out).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9163629/

https://classic.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT05277038

I use clonidine.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 12:55:54 PM by merrygoround »

Nellf

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2024, 02:12:12 PM »

Thanks all.  I've tried Phenergan at 25 mg and it did help, but felt groggy in the morning.  So back to just not falling asleep.  I'm having my 6 week coil check so may have a word with my GP when there.  I don't really want sleeping pills.  I may try halving the 25mg phenergan if I can and give that a go.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2024, 02:25:21 PM »

Make a list to take to the Appt Nellf.  Also, mayB take the Pherngan earlier in the evening to avoid the hung over effect?  I have found anti-histamines worked years ago, now they all seem to be 'non drowsy'.  Also Kwells anti-travel nausea pills worked.

If I need to sleep in the afternoon or evening then I do, in fact very often I can't stop myself dropping off.  This does not: despite what 'experts' [how I HATE that expression] try to tell us: interfere with that night's sleep.

How many of you have to wake with an alarm? 4 me it was that 1 ear was on the clock so that we didn't over sleep.  My spaniel would jump onto the bed if we did lay late  :-* 8) but not at weekends.  Go figure  ;D

I also drop off in the bath .......... ;-).  And sleep once I get to bed though it may take longer to drop off.

Nellf

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2024, 06:55:52 PM »

Thanks CLKD, I might try taking the antihistamines earlier rather than cutting the dose first.  It's worth a try.  I really need my sleep and have always done.  My mum said I was a wonder baby cos I slept for hours.  Nothing has changed😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2024, 07:40:51 PM »

I LOVE my bed and sleep  ;D

PearlJ

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2024, 11:57:20 AM »

Thanks all.  I've tried Phenergan at 25 mg and it did help, but felt groggy in the morning.  So back to just not falling asleep.  I'm having my 6 week coil check so may have a word with my GP when there.  I don't really want sleeping pills.  I may try halving the 25mg phenergan if I can and give that a go.
I found 10mg enough. Anything more and I was still really tired in the morning. You could have a larger dose on a weekend and have a sleep in just to get back in a rhythm?
Pages: 1 [2]