Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feeling really really anxious - bleeding  (Read 1154 times)

shrosphirelass

Feeling really really anxious - bleeding
« on: March 10, 2024, 12:15:52 PM »

Waiting for my hysteroscopy and have been managing anxiety fairly well. The last few days I have started to flood and today pass several large plots. I have quite severe cramps, currently feel like Ive been hit in the abdomen with a baseball bat! I am also losing weight again, which I'm sure is down to the anxiety.

I just don't know how to cope. I'm not sleeping at all well and have to get up early to empty my bowels.

Rationally, I think I have had similar symptoms before and all was well but I think it is the fact that the consultant himself rang me and said he was worried and the recent increased bleeding which has resulted in worse case scenario thinking.

Nik2502

Re: Feeling really really anxious - bleeding
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 12:33:03 PM »

Hi

I’m sorry you’re not feeling so good. I was in a similar situation last year so completely understand.
I had myself ill. The consultant told me to prepare for the worst. Had hysteroscopy and the verdict? Naturally thick womb lining!
I didn’t eat for weeks, lost weight, went to the doctors repeatedly crying, couldn’t sleep.
Our rational brain seems to stop working when things like this happen to us.
You aren’t alone and I’m sure some of the other ladies can offer kind words too x

Northerngirl

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 12:49:00 PM »

Hi , totally agree with Nik2502, infact I could've written her post as I've been through the same. Worry, weight loss etc.
I would say give your GP surgery a ring first thing tomorrow or if things are really bad give 111 a ring( I had to do this for the first time in December after my tvs and I was bleeding heavily and it scared me).
You're probably totally exhausted emotionally and physically...I know I was as I'd never experienced anything like this before.
Let us know how you get on x

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 06:40:00 PM »

So sorry you're going through this, lost almost a stone in weight when my anxiety was bad,it really is a vicious circle.
Have you fibroids at all? My bleeding and flooding was horrific with them and the clots were sometimes the size of my palm (sorry) I know we all think worse case scenario but I'm sure it'll turn out ok,do let us know how you get on x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 06:46:57 PM »

:bighug:

Charleyfarley

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 01:43:35 PM »

Oh darling..it really is debilitating when anxiety is also in the mix 🥲🥹

I had terrible flooding which resulted in completely removing HRT, probably not necessary at all but anxiety just took over completely..when I reached out on here for advice there were lots of ladies that had suffered with this kind of bleed…. and it had been peri-related 🙏 

I have been bleeding albeit very very lightly for 3 weeks and anxiety peaked last week…I took myself off to my practise nurse and she said she isn’t worried at all and to go back if it continues for another few weeks …it did alleviate a bit of anxiety but I know it’s still there in the background, feel constantly on edge a little….its natural in any phase of life but I think with peri and meno it just accelerates that awful feeling of panic 🥲

Sending lots of love and positive vibes ♥️xxxx

Jules

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 02:55:25 PM »

Have you reported the change in symptoms to anyone? Can you ring the hospital department to tell them? Perhaps they would do it sooner? Stress and anxiety are awful. I had it with a breast problem and a gp scaring me witless. I was in such a state by the time I got there. I had real pain right up my neck and was curled up with a hot water bottle leading up to the appointment.  I'd definitely report your symptoms though

shrosphirelass

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 07:26:08 PM »

Things have finally calmed down. The bleeding has stopped and the cramps have eased. This of course eased my anxiety. Fortunately my appointment has been brought forward (maybe due to intervention from PALS) so I now am stressing about that!

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2024, 07:39:10 PM »

Sadly,stressing is what we ladies do best,so glad your symptoms have calmed down  :)

Jules

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2024, 08:54:51 AM »

When is your appointment?

Minicat

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2024, 09:22:34 AM »

Yeah, the increased bleeding and cramps really sound like a pain, especially with that consultant's call thrown into the mix. Don't forget to take care of yourself during all this craziness. Hang tight, and hopefully, things will improve soon.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2024, 12:18:33 PM »

Appt is next Sunday at 7.30am. Good to be early as I wont sleep in any case already having difficulties with that. I look like a panda with 2 black eyes!

Thank you all for your support

Jules

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2024, 08:00:48 PM »

Ah I empathise.  I've not had your problems but others that have caused me the same suffering. It's just horrible and you want to be put out of your misery. I have an US scan tomorrow. If anything is found I will be joining you, I have had enough health things this last year. Spoil yourself this week, do whatever helps.

Northerngirl

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2024, 08:09:16 PM »

Jules I hope all goes well tomorrow for you. Let us know x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2024, 08:51:13 PM »

Good luck Jules
Pages: [1] 2