Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Heavy bleeding when changing to Evorel Sequi  (Read 1230 times)

TJ1313

Heavy bleeding when changing to Evorel Sequi
« on: March 09, 2024, 03:09:10 PM »

Hi folks, I have been on evorel 25 and Utrogestan for some time now but because the utro made me a bit zombie like I thought I would try evorel sequi to see if it would work better for me. I'm starting on half a patch so it works out at the same dose ive been on with the single patches. Everything was fine on the the first 2 weeks of the normal patch but then on the 3rd day of the conti patches I am having very heavy bleeding way to early, I put up with it for 2 days then panicked and ripped patch off and replaced with just evorel 25, but now I'm not sure what to do? If I go back to utro do I carry on taking it now even tho im bleeding or do I count this as my normal bleed now? I am always super regular with my cycle and this has proper threw me off guard, I shouldn't be hving my bleed for over another week yet HELP  :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Heavy bleeding when changing to Evorel Sequi
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 05:58:16 PM »

It's probably the change of regime.  Your body needs time to catch up!  U could put the product names into the search box: individually: to read threads that pop up.  Make notes.

TJ1313

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 06:07:23 PM »

Yeah maybe? But I started on day 1 of my cycle and then the conti patch when I would normally start my utrogestan anyway,so surely the timing is the same, but obviously me having a different progesterone through a patch is telling my body otherwise, now my cycle is all out of whack which is annoying :(

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 09:36:09 PM »

As you've already switched to oestrogen only I would call it the start of a new cycle. The normal advice (which I don't necessarily agree with) is to carry on regardless. It's more likely to be from your own hormones than the hrt. Sooner or later you won't have a regular cycle and i found mg own cycle was always stronger than the hrt one.

TJ1313

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 08:44:52 AM »

Thank you Sheila, I think that's what I will do, still bleeding heavily and I use utro vaginally so it won't stay up there any way I dont think haha x Will see how I go and treat it as the start of a new cycle for now x Thanks again x