Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Night sweats Utogestan  (Read 2414 times)

Girlinabox

Night sweats Utogestan
« on: March 08, 2024, 09:29:43 PM »

Evening everyone

I’ve been post menopause for a few years now and have been on a few different hrt preparations. I’m currently taking 2/3 pumps of oestrogel and 100mg Utogestan for 12 days vaginally (since Jan 2023)  Because I’ve always struggled with the progesterone side of things I felt this would be better rather than taking continually.

Things have been ok albeit with side effects like bloating, fatigue, low mood etc but I’ve suddenly started having worsening physical withdrawals from the utrogestan. Around 2 days after stopping I’m back to having horrendous night sweats for two days then on day 3 no sweats but bad insomnia.

I can’t for the life of me figure out why this is suddenly happening now.  I’m awaiting an appointment for the menopause clinic to trial testosterone and know they are keen for me to have a mirena fitted. I initially said absolutely not but was starting to come round to the idea but now I’m concerned again.

Does anyone have any idea why the night sweats have suddenly returned?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Night sweats Utogestan
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 08:16:18 AM »

Sorry can't help.  Hopefully some1 will be along.  In the mean time, mayB put the product names: individually: into the search box to read the appropriate threads? Make notes. 

Girlinabox

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 11:40:23 AM »

Didn’t realize you could do that, thanks

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 04:24:03 PM »

Hi girlinabox

Unfortunately progesterone withdrawal is something we have to put up with, if we don't want to take progesterone all the time - which to me is a far worse option than a few days withdrawal! It can feel a bit like pms - after all progesterone falls dramatically just before a period and we feel rubbish (oestrogen also falls then) but as soon as the progesterone has gone from the system, and oestrogen rises again, we feel better. This does go haywire during peri though!

Seems like the withdrawal symptoms vary with the individual woman.....I sometimes get migraines, and a definite feeling of tension, but it is wonderful when the fatigue, lethargy and head fog disappear and I am alert once more :).

Also some women have reported getting sweats and flushes just when on the progesterone part of the cycle - when they have disappeared on oestrogen only and I know in the past some women have increased the dose for this phase only ie when on the prog.

Hurdity x