Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vaginal utrogestan and thrush  (Read 527 times)

Peri2022

Vaginal utrogestan and thrush
« on: October 24, 2023, 06:30:55 PM »

Does anyone else’s vaginal utrogestan give them thrush every month?? Without fail, after 3-4 days of it, I get symptoms (I won’t get into the graphic details). I’m starting to think I should just take canesten every month halfway thru my utro. I can’t take it orally because of progesterone intolerance. Anyone else in the same (itchy) boat? I’m so uncomfortable!

Peach8

Re: Vaginal utrogestan and thrush
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 09:07:10 AM »

Hello. I realise this was posted a while ago but yes, I had the same problem. It was pretty bad too so I gave up on that. I'm also progesterone intolerant. I did slightly better physically on provera but still felt bad emotionally. I've currently got a mirena coil, it's taking forever to stop spotting but I don't have the other progesterone symptoms I've had with pills.  You could perhaps consider trying that? X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vaginal utrogestan and thrush
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 01:12:29 PM »

Keep away from 'canastan'.   It may be that your vagina becomes dry at certain times during the regime, I would be thinking of vaginal atrophy.  Certainly at the end of a period I would itch intensely high up ...... it was cyclical.

I suggest getting some appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment the idea being to insert vaginally for 2-3 weeks to ease symptoms. Then as necessary though many require nightly applications.