Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Ovestin  (Read 442 times)

Apple

Ovestin
« on: March 07, 2024, 11:52:53 PM »

I've recently started using Ovestin externally for soreness and itching all around the vulva. I really don't understand the mixed messaging about it. On the one hand it's talked about as something safe even for people who can't use systemic HRT, on the other hand the information leaflet lists the same side effects as if you were taking HRT in tablet form. I'm untroubled by this as I'm already on Kliovance but how confusing it must be to some women who are fearful of side effects.

Minusminnie

Re: Ovestin
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 08:09:29 AM »

Moves to change the leaflet have been mentioned.  Just looked at one of mine and it says revised July 2021 and one online from New Zealand says revised August 2023.  So pretty up to date and looks like remaining a universal leaflet for now.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ovestin
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 09:57:36 AM »

It's OK to use Apple, Quality of Life is better after all.  I had breast disease treatment in the 1990s and would never consider giving up my 'ovestin' .  It's a very small amount of active ingredient - Dr Louise Newson is trying to get a VA appropriate leaflet in the boxes !