Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Stopping HRT cold turkey?  (Read 454 times)

Nanookster

Stopping HRT cold turkey?
« on: March 07, 2024, 01:28:07 PM »

Hi everyone, I posted a week or so ago about my new HRT medication (my gyno switched the brand and dosage) and how I was feeling incredibly exhausted, low and with no energy or interest in things. I've given it another week, but am feeling even worse. I have an appointment to discuss all of this with my gyno, but not for another month.

I am seriously considering stopping taking the HRT so that I start to feel like myself again.

I am taking a conti-combined pill, is it ok to just stop cold turkey, or should I chop it in half and take a smaller dose  for a week or two?

Thanks in advance!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Stopping HRT cold turkey?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 05:10:15 PM »

R U in the UK?

Gyanecologists often don't know any more about HRT requirements or effects than some GPs do.  Is this medic aligned with a dedicated menopause clinic?

Me, if feeling ill I would go back on the previous regime.  Why was it altered? 

Penguin

Re: Stopping HRT cold turkey?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 06:21:24 PM »

I'd also go back on previous regime and then stay on it until your appointment and discuss then. Going cold turkey isn't a great idea tbh, I tried that a couple of months ago and lasted a week, by which point I felt I'd aged 10 years. Also then took a month to get back on track again.

Why was the brand and dosage changed?