Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Taking vaginal Utrogestan while using tampons?  (Read 885 times)

CarolineM

Taking vaginal Utrogestan while using tampons?
« on: March 07, 2024, 02:14:26 PM »

After being on Evorel 50 and Utrogestan 100mg x25 for 7 months I'm going to try the Utrogestan vaginally, because the brain fog has got ridiculous and I recognise the downward spiral my mood is now taking (previous negative reactions to progesterones). Rather than stopping the Utrogestan and going back to the HRT nurse for an alternative I'm going to try it vaginally.

I'm spotting atm and use tampons at night. I'm thinking if I put the Utrogestan up about 30 mins before putting in an overnight tampon it should have absorbed all the active agent by then - does that sound OK?

Thank you  :)

sheila99

Re: Taking vaginal Utrogestan while using tampons?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 02:52:11 PM »

I think it's supposed to take an hour but I'm not certain. If you don't get a definitive answer on here you could try an ivf forum. If you're post meno I would see your gp as all unexplained post menopausal bleeding should be investigated.

CarolineM

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 04:25:50 PM »

Thanks Sheila99, I was investigated 7 months ago as had a 4-month bleed on Evorel Conti and all was benign. Still bleeding much more frequently than I should be on this regime - I'm 56, probably still peri but surgery has a blanket policy of everyone must be post by 55. We've agreed to give it to 9 months to see if it settles down as my body has never reacted to hormones like it's "supposed to".

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 06:27:55 PM »

If it is just spotting, could you wear a liner at night instead? I find it takes a day or so for the outer capsule of utrogestan to break down and come out. Not sure I'd be wanting to put a tampon up there and stopping that process.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 08:44:44 PM »

Your surgery is out of date!   There is no set age for peri or menopause.  I would be asking for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic.

Also I wouldn't be using tampons as they may dry the vagina even more if the loss is not much.