Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Heavy bleeding on Evorel Sequi  (Read 1252 times)

saz42

• First Flush
Heavy bleeding on Evorel Sequi
« on: March 06, 2024, 06:29:33 PM »

Looking for some  advice please as a new member.  I've been on Evorel Sequi for 2-5 years now & it generally is perfect for me.  Has helped my sore joints, bad sleep & hot flushes.  However, I have very heavy bleeds every month.  My periods were awful before, but they had dropped in frequency and heaviness in the last year or two before I started with HRT.  I was probably down to about 3 periods in the last year before I started HRT.

I don't want a mirena as it has taken 4 attempts (3 under general anesthetic) to remove 2 polyps they found and access to my uterus has been described as 'extremely awkward' by my most recent consultant!  I dread to think what I'd have to go to to have a mirena installed! 

I've currently been bleeding for 8 days this  month. 6 days of light bleeding on the my last 2 conti patches and for the last 2 days very heavy bleeding (flooding, leaking through protection after an hour).  It is showing no signs of stopping!  My ferratin level was down to 5 last time I had it checked, so I think I really need to sort it out now.

I've got an appointment with a GP in a couple of days time to talk about next steps and wondered if anyone had experienced similar and managed to get sorted.  Is  there anything I should be asking the GP?  Any options I should mention to her?

Thanks in anticipation.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Heavy bleeding on Evorel Sequi
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 06:46:41 PM »

Hi - make a list to take to discuss, also print off the message you have sent to us.

:welcomemm:  U could put your HRT regime into the reach box: separately: and read the threads that pop up.  Make notes ;-). 

Hysterectomy is an option but is major surgery which can be a huge step.  If you don't feel supported by your GP mayB ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic: not a gynaecologist : there are waiting lists.  Let us know how you get on.

saz42

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 11:58:41 AM »

Thanks!  I really need to organise my thoughts before I see the GP so I get everything over to her accurately so writing it down has really helped already.  I'm on day 10 of this bleed so far and thankfully is is lighter now. 

Definitely hoping to avoid a hysterectomy if at all possible!

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 03:12:37 PM »

Maybe see what she thinks about a conti regime if you're close to meno. Not sure if you were down to 3 periods a year 2 years ago or 5? If you're not meno you may get breakthrough bleeding but it might be lighter than you're getting now.

saz42

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 04:03:40 PM »

Thanks! I was definitely winding down on the periods before I started on HRT 2.5 years ago.  I will suggest a conti patch if she doesn't.  I'm just not sure of what my options might be if she isn't that clued up....