Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Biopsy and bleeding  (Read 3784 times)

bluemczoo

Biopsy and bleeding
« on: February 10, 2024, 10:44:13 PM »

Hi all, I probably know the answer to this but I am a little worried. I had a biopsy yesterday, have been spotting/bleeding for about 6 weeks and have thickened lining 6mm. At the biopsy yesterday, they didn’t seem worried and said they didn’t need a hysteroscopy - and would take a biopsy to be on the safe side. I have started to bleed today - like a period with aches and pains. Is this normal? I have been 3 years without a period and on continuous hrt for 2 years (with no problem so far).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Biopsy and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 09:00:21 AM »

I would think it's normal following a bit of invasion up there, but. why medics don't explain the consequences I can't understand; other than they probably know that a bleed may happen but don't think to tell the patient!

Do U have pain relief in the house? 

Northerngirl

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 09:12:49 AM »

Morning bluemczoo,  I had my hysteroscopy/biopsy on the 31st January  and they said I could have bleeding/spotting for 7-10 days and I did, it was light and only really stopped after 9 days. The last time I had a hysteroscopy about 8 years ago I only had the light bleeding for a day or 2, that time I did not have the biopsy...so maybe it's the biopsy causes more bleeding. I  also had the period style cramping. I too am postmenopausal and had been on HRT for many years on and off until I found oestrogel/utrogestan which I thought suited me until I had the thickened lining 8mm and then stopped hrt immediately (my choice as it scared me). Hope that helps you.

bluemczoo

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 09:56:28 AM »

Thanks both, that’s what I thought. I’m not feeling so bad today, just still bleeding a bit but ache’s gone.

Jan1234

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 03:47:32 PM »

Hi bluemczoo how lomg before you bleeding stopped I also had the same as you done and on day 17 and still bleeding I did ring them last week and they said it can go on for 3 weeks.

bluemczoo

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 08:24:54 PM »

Hi there, sorry to hear that - it sucks for sure. My bleeding stopped after about 11 days then spotted on and off for another couple of weeks. Are you taking extra progesterone? I think it takes a while to stabilise.
I found taking ibuprofen helped. X

Jan1234

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 08:53:53 PM »

Hi im on kliofem conti hrt but but my gp prescribed some provera yesterday to take as well i hvnt started them yet I'm worried to start them, been trying to find out some info on here first

Jan1234

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2024, 09:01:34 PM »

Bluemczoo I was also spotting for a few weeks before being seen by gynecology my lining was 6.8 all seemed fine though bleeding started after hysteroscopy and biopsy ans still havnt stopped it's draining isnt it

bluemczoo

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 11:43:09 PM »

I am getting really fed up with it. My lining was 6, results from biopsy suggested unopposed oestrogen, which means that I wasn’t absorbing the progesterone properly. They put it down to the different (cheaper) brand the pharmacist gave. I think any change, missed dose, different brand etc can set off bleeding/spotting. I was 2 years bleed-free and loving it! Hopefully it will settle down for us soon.  Take care, xx