Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Insist on tests?  (Read 630 times)

Charleyfarley

Insist on tests?
« on: March 05, 2024, 01:36:09 PM »

Hi all….

So we’re all aware of my insane amount of anxiety around my health and I like to think I’m getting a little more resilient as Peri rumbles on…hmmmm really? I hear u say 😂🤷‍♀️

So any symptom that terrifies me now I try and sit out for 2 weeks and if it’s still there I’ll give the practice a call and make an appointment…

I’m at the end of week 2 of a period that hasn’t stopped…I saw my lovely practice nurse who said she really isn’t concerned and if it carries on for another 2 weeks to go back…I’m very much reassurance based so I was happy with that…

This is my first period since removing HRT on jan 1st following a terrifying flood of clots. It is different colours on different days, different flows on different days, nothing on some days and just on wiping on others….the nurse said this is something that she wouldn’t be concerned about…

But any posts on here I’m reading about prolonged bleeding all end say somewhere “but if you’ve had scans etc and all ok…..” and I haven’t had any scans or checks etc 😬😬😬

I’ve literally had symptoms of peri for 3 yrs…no blood test to confirm as the test I had came back fine and said I wasn’t in peri….docs were great and said bloods aren’t indicative of meno and I started my journey with HRT…HRT didn’t suit so I removed in December…..had a clear smear last year but apart from that should I insist that they do scans to check lining etc? I feel like most of you have had all of those checks and I don’t want to be resting in assurance if my nurse has got it wrong xxx

sheila99

Re: Insist on tests?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 02:07:18 PM »

I'm with the nurse on this, I don't think you need to worry. I'd do as she suggests and see her again if it hasn't stopped in a fortnight. This is your first period in 2 months so you can expect more blood than normal, plus the lining was probably thickened by the hrt even before that. All unexplained bleeding in post meno should be investigated but you're peri when bleeding is very much to be expected. Chances are the lining is shedding because it's got too thick and the bleeding will stop soon. Scans are less useful in peri because the lining is naturally thick at certain times of the cycle but if you have to make an appointment you could ask her about it then.

Charleyfarley

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 03:19:32 PM »

Oh Sheila thank you so much 🙏

It’s strange because it’s really not at all heavy though…probably less than a normal 4 day period for me but over 2 and a bit weeks! But I’m hoping that it’s just peri.:.I can cope with this even if it were to drag on…it’s nothing like heavy and it’s never the ailment that gets me it’s the anxiety around it:…thank you for taking the time to reply x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 03:42:42 PM »

As our hormone levels drop the womb doesn't always shed as we are used to it doing: my periods would be heavy and clotty for 10 days, then a break of 2 followed by brown staining .  Normal for my cycle so I never worried.

To B honest Chaarleyfarley, what's the worst that could happen ? 

Blood tests are reliably un-reliable  ::)

Charleyfarley

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 07:18:57 PM »

Definitely unreliable CKLD! But the way my anxiety works with so many “what if it’s this” or “what if it’s that”….having at least an indication on a blood test would help stop my mind wondering to “what if I’m not even in Peri” ….thats when the wheels start to really fall off and I panic because I put so much down to peri that I often think “shiiiiiiit what if it’s not even that” ….that rabbit holes one of the worst because some of the symptoms if not peri a can be indicative of really sinister 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Donna69

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 07:23:55 PM »

I would try not to worry I came of hrt last year then after 10dys started a bleed/full on period that went on for 7 weeks tailed off to light bleed then spotting but 7 weeks in total until it stopped.I was like you very anxious my gp told me it was normal to get a withdrawal bleed but I banged on until she send me for a scan which found a suspected polyp by the time I got an app for a hysteroscopy bleeding had stopped as my gp said it would and no polyp was found so put myself through hell with my health anxiety instead of just been patient and listened to my gp

Charleyfarley

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 07:46:09 PM »

Oh wowzers Donna 7 weeks!!!! In the weirdest way though that is music to my ears 😂🥹 I’m so reassurance based….i have been off her for 2 months before mine started though but I’m hoping still some kind of withdrawal bleed or just a crazy long period xxx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2024, 07:54:51 PM »

I agree that we shouldn't put every symptom 'down' to periomenopause.  Which is why this Forum may help.  However, if something serious is in the offing, usually symptoms become slowly worse.  Or a lump - as I had - can be removed for histology. 

My anxiety is due to a lot of shouting in the household from the age of nearly 4 years old  :'( so now if I hear raised voices, the reaction kicks in  >:(.

For me it's physical rather than the brain making suggestions  ::)

Charleyfarley

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 08:00:43 PM »

Oh CKLD I feel like that must be equally as difficult to handle, any kind of anxiety is tough but to have a trigger that can happen at any moment like shouting is such a hard one….

I feel like you’re so strong with it though, honestly, I am determined to become the master of my anxiety…when it comes over me I have tunnel vision and it’s to make it go away as quickly as possible….i feel like so many of you ladies on here suffer a lot more bravely in the background and are still able to always be here to offer others support….thank you ♥️ you’re always here when I’m melting down 🙏 means a lot x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2024, 08:29:01 PM »

Will U insist on tests and what would you think would be the way to proceed?  Which is where that diary might help to give a chart of ups and downs.

Physical reaction to noise is difficult, it's never 'what ifs'.  It if overwhelms me I take an emergency pill which knocks me out - when I wake because I've been relaxed, the anxiety is gone. 

Charleyfarley

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 09:09:49 PM »

Yep…I write all the dates down definitely

I think the tests or scan etc would just reassure me that there’s nothing sinister…

Aaaah I used to love that feeling…a little hit of diazepam and the whole body starts to relax…

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2024, 09:28:45 PM »

Have U tried Bachs rescue remedy, I found the mouth spray of use B4 anxiety began to rise when I was going somewhere that I thought it might affect my day out.  There are pastilles too.  I never wondered after wether they would/not work, surprising for me as I over-think a lot!

Charleyfarley

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2024, 10:01:19 PM »

Yes! I used Bachs a lot back in my 20’s and 30’s….found a really good Solgar remedy called Inositol too, really helped with the anxiety 🙏

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2024, 09:56:23 AM »

:great: