Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel / patch - adrenaline. Please help!!!  (Read 550 times)

mandamoo85

Oestrogel / patch - adrenaline. Please help!!!
« on: March 04, 2024, 07:47:37 PM »

Hey guys,

I’m struggling! 39 - suspected peri. Have been on HRT since August last year 50mcg Evorel. Things were going fine - but hot sweats came back and night sweats.
Switched to 75 patch but was foggy and cloudy (no anxiety). So - switched me oestrogel x3 pumps - all ok but manic phases - excite able and a bit crazy!

So, now I’m 50 patch and 1-2 pumps per day. It was ok - thought it may have been because I was due on, but have been having adrenaline rushes - anxiety and a few of being completely overwhelmed (work / home is a bit crazy but feel like I’m drowning).

Could this be the oestrogel? What do I do? Meno lady said to go to 4x pumps - surely not? If that is what is causing anxiety, I won’t cope.

Can someone give me some honest advice / guidance? I’m lost!

Scampidoodle

Re: Oestrogel / patch - adrenaline. Please help!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 08:08:52 PM »

I’m currently using the gel at an ultra low dose but definitely feeling the adrenaline and generally vile. Thinking of changing to patch x

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 12:13:09 PM »

I too find the 75mg patch far too high - cloudy/foggy - feeling hazy.  - In fact I am just in the "coming down" stage from 75 - 65!

I found that measuring the patch with a very small ruler and cutting it down to say 64/65mg really worked for me (only reason I upped to the full 75 was that i was having bad withdrawal from my Provera which i take at the end of every 3 months - thought the extra oestrogen would help - but it didnt!!! )I also take Yasmin combined pill for fluctuations (as my initial symptoms were off the scale - very bad anxiety - to the point where i couldn't leave the flat, crying, rage, suicidal thoughts   - off work for 3 months)

I hope you find your sweet spot - anything you need let me know

Vicky xx

Scampidoodle

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 12:29:22 PM »

Any side effects from Yasmin?

Do you feel you need the extra oestrogen on top?

Pippa52

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 02:22:58 PM »

Felt unbelievably awful on the Oestrogel and am now on Estradot patches (37.5  patch plus a half of 37.5 at once which I change every 2 days- magic difference)  and feel so much better.

Scampidoodle

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 02:34:34 PM »

How did you feel on the gel Pippa?

Pippa52

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 10:08:29 PM »

Scampidoodle - felt absolutely awful on Oestrogel.   High anxiety, what felt like adrenaline rushes especially at night, palpitations, insomnia, hot flushes.  x

Vicky81

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 12:49:25 PM »

I feel great on Yasmin - no side effects at all - but i knew that i needed a bit extra Oestrogen as i still felt a bit of physical anxiety - but once patch was on after a few weeks it all picked up - best ive ever been

Now - i go out, pubs, restaurants, very joyful, joking at work etc x