Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen spikes on HRT  (Read 2082 times)

Maisie

• First Flush
Oestrogen spikes on HRT
« on: March 08, 2024, 12:32:08 PM »

Hi everyone, this is the first time I have posted on here. I am 59 and had a full hysterectomy 2 years ago. I am currently on Eveorel 50 oestrogen patches. Following an anterior repair last year I had a blood test done. My oestrogen has shot up to 846 . I had it retested and it had gone right down to 88 so I had a third test done and it had shot back up to 701! None of this is making any sense. I have been told to stop all oestrogen and then have another test. I am worried in case I have an oestrogen producing tumour.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Oestrogen spikes on HRT
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 12:36:47 PM »

Hi!  hormones can rise and fall if ovaries remain.  Even if they have been removed, the 'stump' left behind can sometimes release small amounts of hormone.

Keeping a mood/food/syptom diary may be of use.  MayB put the Everol product into the search box to read the threads on it.  Make notes ;-)

:welcomemm: 

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 12:37:09 PM »

When you say full, did they remove your ovaries or could your own hormones be coming into play underneath the hrt?

When were the tests done in relation to you changing your patch? Just wondering if the estrogen level would be higher when you put a new patch on and lower nearer patch change day?

Hollyboll

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2024, 12:48:16 PM »

Hi. Sorry you’re having bad time / worry.

Yep I was going to say the same as penguin has. Best to test on same ‘day’. I was told by a well-respected meno consultant it’s quite common for there to be a dropoff on day 4 (and spike on day 1) and therefore also to change every 3 days.

(Turned out I have even weirder fluctuations on patches but that’s another story and very much rarer)

So it’s maybe worth looking at what days your tests were and if that’s a pattern then talking to doc about those …

Hth x

Maisie

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2024, 01:05:13 PM »

Thank you for your quick replies. Yes, I have had my ovaries removed. I change my patch every 3 days. A good idea to check when I changed my patches. Thank you.

Penguin

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2024, 01:14:06 PM »

That would also explain the 88 reading if that was the case. But also I think a small amount of estrogen can be produced elsewhere, I thought via adrenals. Perhaps if you have been under a lot of physical or mental stress (maybe from the anterior repair you mentioned), your adrenals are off and could be over producing.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2024, 01:24:54 PM »

Let us know how you get on.

Maisie

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2024, 01:29:27 PM »

Hello Penguin, I’m hoping it isn’t a problem with my adrenals but simply the timings of when I put on a new patch.

I will of course keep you posted CLKD.

I am pleased to have found this site. It helps just to get others opinions.

Penguin

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2024, 01:46:23 PM »

Hello Penguin, I’m hoping it isn’t a problem with my adrenals but simply the timings of when I put on a new patch.

I will of course keep you posted CLKD.

I am pleased to have found this site. It helps just to get others opinions.

Oh I didn't mean a big problem, I meant more like a stress response thing where you just need to calm your nervous system down a bit - most of us need that  hey 🤣. But seriously that can also cause hormome spikes, I get it overnight sometimes, it's awful x

Maisie

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2024, 01:56:40 PM »

Thanks Penguin