Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hot flashes due to higher oestrogen or testosterone  (Read 1030 times)

Tulip256

Hot flashes due to higher oestrogen or testosterone
« on: March 31, 2024, 01:50:51 AM »

A month ago I increased my oestrogen from 75mg to 100mg due to bone density concerns. I have however been feeling a bit dizzy on the higher dose and have a weird metallic taste.

I had a test showing my testosterone was low and then introduced testosterone 4 days ago. This seemed to really help the dizziness and has already given me lots more energy.

However in the last couple of days my night sweats came back. I can't see this listed anywhere as a testosterone side effect so I am wondering if they are due to too much oestrogen. Any ideas? Has anyone had them as a testosterone side effect?

Banjo1973

Re: Hot flashes due to higher oestrogen or testosterone
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2024, 07:43:35 AM »

Hi Tulip,

I found that testosterone seems to increase my core temperature.
Can I ask when you take your testosterone? I took it at night once.... never again. So if you don't already take it in the morning, you could try that?

Hopefully it will settle down, in the meantime you could do what I do and sleep with my own very thin quilt (Swedish couples have their own quilts - sleep quality is much improved!!!).

Let us know how you get on x

Tulip256

Re: Hot flashes due to higher oestrogen or testosterone
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2024, 07:54:36 AM »

Thanks I have been taking it in the morning but wondering if I should switch to every other day or try to make the pea smaller. I have been feeling good during the day on it, so much energy.

I am wondering if it is the oestrogen  which may be causing it, I read that too much as well as too little can cause hot flushes.