Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Advice on timing of patch change?  (Read 519 times)

KaraShannon

Advice on timing of patch change?
« on: February 29, 2024, 09:00:44 AM »

Hi everyone

For some really odd reason I forgot to change over from Estradiol to the combined patch a couple of weeks ago, so I've only been on the combined patch for one week. 

Today I should in theory change over to Estradiol again but I don't know whether I should stay on the combined and just go with this pattern now.

I felt really odd the day I put the first combined patch on, but I'm settled into it now.

I asked a pharmacist but he had no idea and didn't think it would matter much what I did.

KaraShannon

Re: Advice on timing of patch change?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 01:23:32 PM »

I have to change the patch one way or another tonight, if anyone has any ideas before then.

I'll try another pharmacist in a while too.  Thanks everyone

Booroo

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 01:55:12 PM »

When I started patches I got confused and forgot! I just went with whatever was next in the box and made the pattern from there so to speak,you won’t have done any damage it will righten itself

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2024, 03:18:31 PM »

When I started patches I got confused and forgot! I just went with whatever was next in the box and made the pattern from there so to speak,you won’t have done any damage it will righten itself

thanks Booroo, yes I found another pharmacist and he said better to go with what I'm doing now as the processes will already be taking place with those hormones (which is what my instinct told me too).  One day I'll get it lined up properly with the moon cycle  ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 10:33:13 AM »

Not sure what you did but you should take the combi patches (oestrogen snd progestogen) for the required length of time ie two weeks even though you forgot to change to conti when you said. This is in order to protect the uterus.

Hurdity x

KaraShannon

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2024, 02:43:10 AM »

Not sure what you did but you should take the combi patches (oestrogen snd progestogen) for the required length of time ie two weeks even though you forgot to change to conti when you said. This is in order to protect the uterus.

Hurdity x

Thanks Hurdity, yes I am doing this thanks to another pharmacist's advice.  Especially so after taking estradiol only for an extra week!