Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vitamin D deficiency  (Read 1642 times)

Sussexgirl1970

• First Flush
Vitamin D deficiency
« on: March 01, 2024, 02:01:22 PM »

Has anyone had their "aches & pains" put down to Vitamin D deficiency?

I've been reading that this is a common problem with menopausal women and so I've started taking a Vitamin D3 supplements, just in case!

sheila99

Re: Vitamin D deficiency
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 02:19:28 PM »

They reckon most people in the UK are deficient at least in winter. I did a medichecks test for thyroid that showed I was deficient in vit D in summer so I take a supplement too. My aches and pains were due to oestrogen deficiency though.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 03:17:13 PM »

I take vit d also but it has vit k added in,this helps calcium to go to the right areas  :)

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2024, 03:39:22 PM »

Mine was very low 18 months ago. The GP agreed to test as my symptoms of muscle cramps especially when walking, depressed mood and breaking , thinning hair were severe enough. My level was under 20 so I was prescribed 3200iu for ten weeks instead of the usual 400iu. This worked really well and by the end of the ten weeks I felt back to normal. As instructed I then began the 400iu normal supplement but after a few months I stopped for no good reason. Mistake! Feeling the old symptoms coming back I had a private blood test last week at a local pharmacy as I didn't want to resume the 400 dose if mine was low again. Results show that my level is now 35 so that's 'insufficient'. Advice is to take a daily supplement of 1000iu and retest in 3 months 

Taz x

Nik2502

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2024, 04:31:47 PM »

Hi

Yes Vitamin D deficient and also found out this week I’m B9 deficient (folate deficiency anaemia).  A lot of the symptoms seem to cross with menopause!

Nik x