Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti  (Read 690 times)

Elly12

• First Flush
Evorel Conti
« on: March 24, 2024, 10:33:32 AM »

Hello

Really sorry if this has been asked lots of times before but I’m feeling so down about myself 😢
I started on Everol Conti patches about 2 months ago, with the doctor saying to review at 3 months. This is my first time taking any form of HRT.
In the 2 months I have noticed no changes at all other than I feel I have put on so much weight, all over. I feel lousy because of this.
I still have got sweats at night, brain fog and my skin is lousy.
Has anyone else struggled with weight gain?
Should I wait another month or just stop using them ? I’m not even sure I want to be on anything & would maybe like to try alternatives, thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 01:20:20 PM »

Hi.  Have U actually put on weight or has your body altered shape, my apron gradually dropped due to a lack of oestrogen. 

MayB put your regime into the search box and read the threads.  make notes ;-). 

Which symptom/s did you want to ease first?   There are several ways of delivering replacement therapies so don't give up though a break may help find out where U R.

ExtraFox

• First Flush
Re: Evorel Conti
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 07:21:20 PM »

Hi Elly 12
Sorry to hear your first experience with HRT has been so rough! Sadly not many of us are lucky enough to get it right first time, but if you've stuck with it for 2 months and haven't noticed any improvement in menopause symptoms (and are actually feeling worse by the sound of it!), then it honestly doesn't sound like there's much point continuing for another month just because your Doc told you to. You've nothing to lose by asking to try an alternative form of continuous HRT. I don't think it's at all unrealistic to expect some positive change in the first few weeks of starting a regime.

FWIW, I've been on Evorel Conti for 3 months and just started my 1st repeat prescription. I went on HRT for many of the usual reasons - hot flushes, palpitations, anxiety, depression and tearfulness. The Evorel Conti improved all these within 3 weeks, the hot flushes were gone after a few days, and I am feeling more robust generally. Fortunately i don't seem to have any adverse effects at the moment.
But, before the Evorel Conti, I was on a conti regime of Utrogestan 1 cap every night and an Estraderm 50 patch. I didn't stick with it because I felt so horribly fatigued and sluggish, not to mention constipated! From other threads I've read on this forum, I thought it might be the Utrogestan oral progesterone that was the problem, so after 3 weeks on it I asked my GP for the combined patch instead and so far I'm doing OK.

I didn't consider stopping HRT because my menopause symptoms were so troublesome, but there's no reason why you can't stop the patches and see if you are more comfortable without it or just need something that works better for you - and if that's the case, there will be something out there for you. Good luck!
This leaflet from the British Menopause Society gives equivalent HRT preparations for sequential and continuous HRT, it might be useful:
https://thebms.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/HRT-Equivalent-preparations-28.4.21.pdf