Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Mirena coil removed - how long to feel better?  (Read 569 times)

Bupster

• First Flush
Mirena coil removed - how long to feel better?
« on: February 29, 2024, 01:36:39 PM »

Hi everyone,

I had a Mirena coil put in but had an immediate bad reaction. I was in constant pain and discomfort, and my mood (which was poor anyway because of a breakup) plummeted to the lying-on-the-bed-staring-into-space-and-sobbing-for-hours point. Feeling very, very unwell, I managed to get my doctor to remove it, and I've also been given antibiotics for a suspected infection.

I know others have had mood/depression issues with Mirena and other coils. How long after it was removed did you begin to feel better? I am struggling to distinguish between any mood problems caused by the coil and the pre-existing misery, and it would help to know when I might begin to see an improvement.

Hurdity

Re: Mirena coil removed - how long to feel better?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 10:44:19 AM »

Hi Bupster - Sorry to hear about your reaction to Mirena coil. The progestogen should leave the system fairly quickly according to the product info, especially if it wasn't in your body for very long. I hope you feel better soon.

Hurdty x

violetbat

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 08:33:37 AM »

Sorry you are feeling bad . I had a terrible reaction to it and developed an infection. I felt relief the moment it was removed but bled very heavily for a few days afterwards.

Sophie77

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 05:42:02 PM »

Hey

I totally understand where your coming from I had the mirena coil thinking it would be better than elleste duet, worse thing I ever did, I had it put in May 23 and taken out Sep 23 and just like you caught an infection (Bacterial ) ever since problems with my stomach doctor thinks IBS, I've never has issues at all with my stomach, its getting better now but not what it was before the coil, I'm back on elleste duet 3 months in and its settling down,
My moods have always been up and down but I'm glad I had the coil removed,

Just hang in there it will get better :)