Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti side effects  (Read 870 times)

Catlady1

• First Flush
Evorel Conti side effects
« on: March 06, 2024, 04:59:21 PM »

I have been on Evorel Conti now for almost 3 months, so coming up to my review with my gp. I am 46 years old perimenopausal and also been taking Desogestrel (progesterone mini pill) for about 5 years, due to painful periods, which has stopped my periods altogether.
I am doing ok on the combined patch apart from occasionally getting breast pain, heaviness and also a bit like the pain you get in your womb, before you come on a period, these symptoms last a few days then go again.
I am thinking of changing the patch to oestrogen only and then a body identical progesterone. Has anyone else done this and seen side effects improve? Will the progesterone vaginal cream work for this?
Also do I still need to be on the mini pill? I am not needing it for contraception, just painful periods, or will my periods appear again if I stop it?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Evorel Conti side effects
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 06:20:46 PM »

Hi how bothersome R your symptoms?

If it's working I would stick with it for at least 6 months.  The body doesn't like being messed about - U may/not benefit from a change of regime.

Is a change likely to restart your periods?  Is there any info in the leaflet in the box of 'desogestrel'?  You could put the product names: separately: into the search box; make notes ;-)

:welcomemm:

Catlady1

• First Flush
Re: Evorel Conti side effects
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 08:33:48 AM »

They are quite bothersome when they happen. Makes me feel nauseous and the pains in my belly are pretty awful.
I just feel that I might be sensitive to the progesterone in the patch and wondered if o changed that, it would reduce my symptoms.