Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Nausea  (Read 753 times)

sooper_cooper

Nausea
« on: February 29, 2024, 12:44:04 PM »

Hi, I am 51 and 3 months ago I thought I had a nervous breakdown , but after 2 months of treatment for anxiety and depression, the drs suggested increasing my HRT and it helped. After 2 weeks I had 4 days of being 100% followed by a few days feeling Ill  again and then 10 days during which I returned to work part time 3 days. It was all great and I planned to go back full time. I only work 3 days anyway and it’s not stressful or difficult, I was happy to be back. Then I started getting little flashes of anxiety that didn’t last long. Then a day of slight nausea and now I’m back to original symptoms, waking up early to anxiety and nausea which lasts all day. I can’t lie down to sleep as I feel sick. I’m exhausted.
Has anyone else experienced this nausea symptom and any idea about increasing HRT?

jaypo

Re: Nausea
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 01:44:15 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Have you thought of silent reflux? I felt terribly nauseous at the start of meno,couldn't understand why but after doing much homework,this is exactly what it was. I can't comment too much on hrt not being on it myself but your oestrogen will be lowering day by day and it may be that you need your hrt adjusted.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 01:46:13 PM »

:welcomemm:

Which HRT regime has your GP prescribed?

What R your periods up to?  Our own hormones may interfere with HRT.  Keeping a mood/food/symptom diary helps to chart progress.

Nausea is the pits, I suffered prior to each bleed even if a period wasn't due.  The waking hormone cortisol can cause anxiety surges in the early hours  :(

Also do check your diet as low blood sugar can cause anxiety surges when the body is hungry.  Since cutting out as much processed foods as possible in the last 12-18 months, I have felt better, until New Years Eve [long story short]. 

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 03:16:19 PM »

Nausea was one of my worst meno symptoms.  It was constant and horrendous.  It went away once I was on the right dose of hrt.

sooper_cooper

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 03:43:14 PM »

Thanks. That’s interesting. Did you have nausea at higher and lower doses? Or did it resolve as your hrt increased?

sooper_cooper

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 03:46:20 PM »

I don’t know about my period as I’m in the pill. I’m on hrt patches. I increased from 50 to 75 initially and that helped but now the same symptoms are back at the same intensity. I don’t understand it as nothing has changed.
What is silent reflux?

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 04:01:03 PM »

Silent reflux is where you don't feel as if you have reflux or heartburn but the stomach may still have acid,which in turn can cause nausea,lowering oestrogen can cause reflux

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 04:15:46 PM »

Hi once I got on the right dose of oestrogen the nausea subsided.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2024, 06:41:52 PM »

Any improvements scooper_cooper?

sooper_cooper

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2024, 09:32:43 AM »

Hi, a bit yes. Not feeling so sick all day, just morning. But when I eat in the morning the nausea starts up. I’ve had toast yesterday and yoghurt today. I think yoghurt was worse. Any ideas on best thing to eat first thing? I know my sugar is low in thd mornings so I have to eat something although I don’t want to. I’m taking peppermint capsules and ginger capsules to help my stomach.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 09:54:31 AM »

Morning.  Making sure that you are 'full' in the evening might help.  I had to graze throughout the day for many years, eating every 3 hours, 24/7.  If I got up for a bathroom visit I would have biscuits by the bed to top up that energy used.

I have noticed: as an aside: in recent weeks that I weigh more by evening due to eating, by morning I am back to what I usually weigh so obviously my body is using up that energy store. 

For years I felt sick, probably due to my digestive system being empty.  Initially these feelings were made worse after eating  :o !! feelings subsided within about 40 mins..  Now I try to eat B4 my body requires energy and always have snacks to hand: dried fruits and nuts, ginger biscuits: which staves off that empty/nausea sensation.

There's no sustenance in yoghurt and if it's filled with 'nasties', i.e. not natural, the gut won't like it.  Toast is good if U can face it.  Or cream crackers, dry.  Something to layer the stomach for the day to come.  Bananas are slow release and porridge  :sick02:  :-X also.  DH begins the day with a bowl of the latter.   ::)

Think about your daily activities: what time you wake, when you get out of bed, your work pattern.  R U missing any meal times?  Do U eat well at tea time? 

kathryn22

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2024, 11:09:10 AM »

Maybe you’ve just gone too fast Problem with anxiety is it’s very crafty Just when you think it’s gone it gives you a poke I think you have to accept that it’s a long term thing that comes and goes And now you worry about the nausea your brain chucks in the anxiety symptoms again and on it goes
You conquered it once you’ll do it again but take your time I think you have to accept it as the new normal in your life Sometimes it’s there sometimes it isn't Use the good times to enjoy things and the bad ones will hopefully become less and less

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2024, 11:30:14 AM »

:thankyou:  Kathryn.  I was dreaming about this thread in the early hours  ::) - can't remember what my suggestions were.

kathryn22

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2024, 07:15:56 PM »

Get some sleep 😴 🤣