Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Disappointment and bleeding!  (Read 838 times)

PearlJ

Disappointment and bleeding!
« on: February 29, 2024, 09:20:07 AM »

I had a nurse appointment booked yesterday which was my 12 week check up by phone. She didn’t call so I rang the surgery who assured me she would.  Then two hours later I got a text saying click this link to let us know how you are getting on with your HRT. I really needed to speak to her as had lots of questions and need a repeat prescription but not sure if the dose is right. I’ve also started bleeding literally yesterday which is the first time in about 10 years having previously been on a mini pill that stopped my periods. I’ve made another appointment which is in two weeks but I feel so let down and fed up. My mood was a lot better  despite all the other issues I’m having with HRT but today I feel really low. Sorry for the rant - just offloading….

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Disappointment and bleeding!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 09:24:35 AM »

3 months is a long time to wait anyway especially when 1 needs to discuss issues.  R U able to go along to make an appt at the Surgery reception and tell them that you feel quite poorly with the current regime?  I find that when I go along I am asked whether the appt is urgent or am I able to wait: last time it was 3 weeks which wasn't a problem.

However, this is another common mix up between patient and surgery.   >:(

I too would feel let down. 

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 10:48:12 AM »

If you are on conti hrt then bleeding during the first six months is very common and doesn't usually need any investigation. Hope that reassures you at least a bit. Which hrt are you using?

Taz x

PearlJ

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 11:04:38 AM »

I’ve phoned back and she is going to call me this afternoon (I hope!)
So fingers crossed i will get sorted. I’m just not sure HRT is right for me now as the side effects are outweighing the benefits in many ways.

PearlJ

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 11:05:55 AM »

If you are on conti hrt then bleeding during the first six months is very common and doesn't usually need any investigation. Hope that reassures you at least a bit. Which hrt are you using?

Taz x

Yes that is very reassuring thanks! I’m on evorel conti patches.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 11:47:20 AM »

Evorel conti patches contain norethisterone which causes low mood, pms type symptoms and mood swings in quite a few women - me included. It could be that you need to change the progesterone element. Any conti HRT will cause bleeding in many women for the first six months though so be prepared for that. I went back onto sequi in the end as I had constant bleeding for the whole of the six months and preferred the short withdrawal bleed I was getting on sequi. Has this HRT helped with any of your symptoms?

Taz x

PearlJ

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 09:47:29 PM »

Has this HRT helped with any of your symptoms?

Taz x

Actually the main symptoms of very low mood, anxiety, anger, crying and feeling despair have all but gone which is brilliant. I’ve never had hot flushes which is so lucky.  I can’t vouch for the sex side of things as I’ve had discharge and horrendous boob pain since starting HRT and so haven’t tested that element to its fullest yet if you get my drift!  :-X
I eventually spoke to the nurse, when i told her i had started bleeding which was only yesterday she has got me an internal scan booked next week! It’s obvious to me it’s the HRT so I’m confused as to the urgency!

Donna69

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 09:58:13 PM »

They always send you for an urgent scan for abnormal bleeding but no doubt it’s the hrt there are loads of ladies on here in the same boat with bleeding issues on hrt