Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleeding - updated  (Read 2619 times)

LosMos

Bleeding - updated
« on: February 25, 2024, 04:54:17 PM »

Hi all,

2 questions please:

1. Can missing a few doses of Utrogesten cause bleeding? I'm on Lenzetto spray and Utrogesten capsules every day and have been for 2 years without problem. Whilst on holiday I missed a few doses as I finished a pack and thought I'd forgotten to bring a new pack with me so didn't take any for a few days (can't remember how many exactly) but then I found the new pack in a pocket of my suitcase and so continued as normal, but then had what I'd describe as a light period that lasted approx 5 days.
Would missing a few days Utro have caused this and would this cause any other effects too??

2. Can your HRT stop working? How do you know if you need to change doses etc?

After said bleed, I felt ok but then a few days after the bleeding stopped I started getting other symptoms ie. cramps, back ache, needing a wee a lot and general 'heavy feeling'

I am awaiting to have the bleeding investigated which I'm told is normal procedure for post menopausal bleeding, but just wondered if anyone has any insight.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 08:04:15 PM by LosMos »

Dotty

Re: New member. 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 05:07:16 PM »

Yes missing Utrogestan can cause bleeding.

And yes hrt can stop being as effective. You may need a higher dose as your own hormones fall.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 05:11:01 PM »

1. Yes. On sequi hrt it's the withdrawal of progesterone that triggers a bleed so I think the same thing has happened to you.
2. Yes, it isn't unusual to need more as your own supply diminishes. Levels can fall post meno too. I think I'd be inclined to give it a bit longer to see if settles though. Needing to wee could be a water infection or it could be va.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 07:04:06 PM »

:welcomemm:

Do read 'the bladder issues' and any threads about vaginal atrophy.   VA mimics repeated urine infection-type symptoms  ::) and appropriate treatments will help.\

Browse round, make notes ;-)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 07:12:58 PM by CLKD »

LosMos

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 12:33:21 PM »

If it is VA causing the constant need to pee, would this be day and night? I spend most of my waking hours feeling like I need to go ,however once I'm asleep I can go 8/9 hours without the need to get up. 

I 've started looking at the bladder issues threads but so far cant see an mention of this.

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 02:39:17 PM »

For me it was urgency in the day time.  As well as getting out of bed 3 times rather than once.

VA treatment eased those symptoms.  Better to get a prescription sooner than later so that if U have early onset, the vaginal walls will be plumped up which will resolve the need to P.  Which mimics repeated urine infection-type symptoms really really well  >:(  ::)

LosMos

Update - polyp removed today
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 01:34:45 PM »

UPDATE

Went for an ultrasound this morning. Lining slightly thickened. Had a biopsy taken - really uncomfortable/painful and whilst doing the biopsy a polyp came into view and so it was removed at the same time

Doctor not too concerned, she said all looks benign but obviously need biopsy results to be sure. Also I need to go back for them to have a look with a camera.

Joys of being a woman  :'(
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 03:09:47 PM by LosMos »