Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding  (Read 475 times)

Cathtf

• First Flush
Bleeding
« on: February 26, 2024, 12:47:04 PM »

Hi

I am 58 & have been on HRT for 6 years.  Back in January I decided to reduce the dosage & went from 2 pumps of Oestrogel to 1 pump but continuing with the 100mg of progesterone. All was fine and then a  few weeks ago I was left with a serious infection after a tooth extraction and ended up on Amoxicillin & Metronidazole as well as painkillers and was quite unwell and unable to do my usual level of exercise. A week ago I started to bleed lightly & have almost felt like I'm having a period.  I have been to the GP and been referred as a precautionary measure for an ultrasound.

Whist waiting to have the ultrasound and feeling uncomfortable with having a bleed I'm wondering whether I should return to 2 pumps of the Oestrogel or sit it out and see if my hormones rebalance after the antibiotics & reduction in Oestrogel. Also the progesterone I've been taking in the past few weeks is from a different  manufacturer.

Thank you so much in advance for any help or advice.

Cathtf

sheila99

Re: Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 01:34:31 PM »

It's possible you're seeing the results of oestrogen deficiency rather than the abs, it can take some time for your levels to fall. I'm not sure how long but as it takes 3 months to get the full effect of hrt perhaps it's a similar timescale. I think it depends how bad you feel, if you feel awful I'd be tempted to go to 2 pumps and try reducing again when you feel stronger.

Cathtf

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 01:41:05 PM »

Thank you - that's helpful & reassuring.

Cathtf

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 01:43:26 PM »

Maybe I'm not ready to come off HRT yet!