Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Horrible feelings since switching to lenzzetto  (Read 767 times)

bluebird68

Horrible feelings since switching to lenzzetto
« on: February 22, 2024, 02:04:11 PM »

I was wondering if this is normal.
I have been on Sandrena for a few years. I had a women's health gyno check privately.  Blood test confirmed low absorption so early last week in was switched to lenzetto. Started me on on two sprays and feeling awful. depressed, aggitated after a couple of days. I have increased to 3 sprays. I was on 1mg Sandrena. Some awful feelings. Is it normal. I believe 2 sprays is not tye equal to 1mg Sandrena.  I have for years been easily fatigued. Masses of tests nothing has worked. Gyno said if it doesn't improve try patches of oral hrt. Thoughts?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Horrible feelings since switching to lenzzetto
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 02:54:05 PM »

Ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic, there are waiting lists.  If U R feeling better when the appt arrives you can cancel.  Some gynaes have little clue about HRT.

Did U have a break between the two regimes?  If no one chimes in you can put the product names: individually : into the search box.  Make notes.

bluebird68

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 03:59:34 PM »

I did not have any break before switching. Do some ladies do that?  I guess I can expect a reaction of sorts. It's so scary when you feel unsettled. 

Thanks for the tip

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 05:24:46 PM »

I don't know whether it's necessary to have a break. 

bluebird68

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 06:18:25 PM »

Just out of interest would it have been better to up the Sandrena, and not change to something else. I recall when I upped a dose my boobs got bigger. Does that mean I'm absorbing? It's so complicated.  Perhaps I'm just not on enough. At one stage I was on 1.5mcg sandrena and gp said it was a high dose and to reduce it to reduce vaginal discharge. Get told different things. I know we can only do things on symptoms.

bluebird68

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 06:21:06 PM »

I've been on hrt for about 7 years. Very little benefit. No help out there except these great forums. Brain fog has been my constant friend.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 07:23:11 PM »

Can't help with your queries, sorry. 

Mary G

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2024, 08:07:14 PM »

I really liked the user friendliness of Lenzetto but unfortunately it is very weak.  It also gave me IBS symptoms.  Despite using three sprays, I only managed to get the same blood levels of oestrogen as one pump of Oestrogel.

I think you are probably feeling unwell because your oestrogen levels are far too low.  From what I have read on here, Sandrena is not always well absorbed either so it might be worth trying Oestrogel.

You don't need to break between different types of oestrogen, in fact, I would avoid it because your levels will drop too low and you will feel worse.

Poor absorption is a common problem I'm afraid, do you know what your levels were when you had blood tests?

If it's easier, I would try increasing the Sandrena if you have plenty of it and also add in one spray of Lenzetto good measure.  If you haven't felt any improvement after 7 years of HRT and you have brain fog, it does suggest chronic low levels of oestrogen and it would be worth getting your blood levels checked.  It sounds like you have been bumping along all this time on an inadequate dose.

Pippa52

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2024, 09:15:49 AM »

I was also switched to Lenzetto during the shortages - although I loved the ease of use it didn't work for  me and I felt increasingly awful.  I found an extra dose too much going up to the 3 sprays yet 2 sprays weren't enough and there is no way of getting an 'in between dose' as there is with patches or gels. Oestrogel the new version of I didn't absorb at all but I am now on Estradot patches and feel a different person at long last.  Hope so much you feel better soon and can get things sorted. xx

bluebird68

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2024, 10:40:20 PM »

Thanks all for replies.
I suspect I've been stuck on a set dose for some years.

So my blood estradiol is 180. Bear in mind the GP advised I should drop to 1.0 Sandrena.

I went to a private gyno women's health check and she suggested trying something different due to low oestrogen.

All over the place

I think I'll go back on Sandrena as lenzetto feels very unpleasant. Digestive problems have returned like before I used hrt.

I will ask GP to repeat blood test.

On the plus side invaggis and blissel have really helped. So the gyno did help.