Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Lump in breast  (Read 1785 times)

Trixiebell

Lump in breast
« on: February 25, 2024, 02:07:02 PM »

Hi last weekend I noticed that the top of my right breast was a bit red & discovered a small lump above my nipple
I have been to the Dr and he can feel the lump so I’m on a two week referral I’m
Also on HRT
The redness has cleared up but
Tbh I’m absolutely terrified
I appreciate that all lumps are different but has anyone else had redness and a lump in the same area ?

Tinkerbell

Re: Lump in breast
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 02:51:48 PM »

I had redness of breast and a lump under the nipple. I also had the 2W referral. It turned out that the lump was an infection in the ducts caused by ductal ectasia.

Blot

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 03:30:41 PM »

I had a lump just above the nipple and it was a blocked duct which just went on it’s own. Another time it was a cyst which they aspirated at the appointment. Again nothing to worry about.
Don’t worry about the 2 week referral. All breast referrals are done this way.

Trixiebell

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 03:47:49 PM »

Thankyou for your reply , it’s the waiting for the referral that’s stressing me out

fiftyplus

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2024, 03:52:32 PM »

I am just following this thread - I have a few small lumps in both breasts which GP checked out and said nothing to worry about - I also thereafter had a mammogram which came back as fine x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2024, 03:54:31 PM »

Any breast lump should be investigated.

Mine was in the R breast.  Removed, treatment done, still here!  So if all else, when caught early the outlook is good.

As others have said, it may be nowt.  AND STOP POKING IT  ;)

Do take a list of your worries as well as your cycle/HRT regime. 

Trixiebell

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2024, 05:24:51 PM »

I hope that you’ll be ok fifty plus , I’m in London & while my Dr doesn’t think it’s anything sinister he’s sent a referral on the two week pathway as he can’t be 100% so it’s best to get checked
I’ve always gone for regular mammograms & just by chance found this lump due to the fact that the skin was a bit red , I’m so so worried 😟

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2024, 07:03:05 PM »

What worries U the most?  What is the worst that could happen?

fiftyplus

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2024, 08:05:36 PM »

I hope that you’ll be ok fifty plus , I’m in London & while my Dr doesn’t think it’s anything sinister he’s sent a referral on the two week pathway as he can’t be 100% so it’s best to get checked
I’ve always gone for regular mammograms & just by chance found this lump due to the fact that the skin was a bit red , I’m so so worried 😟
It is good your dr is interested and getting it checked out for you, I will keep my fingers crossed for you x Take care x my gp says some woman have lumpy breasts? this was actually before covid and I have thought about going back and getting a second opinion - I am due my next mammogram next month I think x

Trixiebell

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2024, 08:56:18 PM »

It’s routine to send a referral to the breast clinic for lumps , sometimes mammograms don’t pick up everything .
If you don’t feel happy with your Dr demand for a referral to the breast clinic
If my Dr had tried to send me on my way I would have asked for it

Jules

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2024, 10:33:05 AM »

I've had a few referrals to breast clinic. They're always on the two week pathway. It's extremely frightening but unlike other areas of medicine you don't wait long and they're usually very empathetic and competent.

Trixiebell

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2024, 01:40:40 PM »

Hi Jules , I’ve just received my letter the 2week pathway is 3 weeks due to lack of clinicians and it’s also busy .
I’ll just have to  sit tight 🙈

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2024, 02:37:30 PM »

That's fine.  What worries you the most?

Could U take a cancellation appt., if so ring the Clinic to let them know.   Once I began treatment I wanted to continue in order to 'get it all out and dealt with'.  Still here.

Jules

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2024, 02:51:34 PM »

Hi Jules , I’ve just received my letter the 2week pathway is 3 weeks due to lack of clinicians and it’s also busy .
I’ll just have to  sit tight 🙈

I think that's how it is in most places now. We're being told the 2 week referral is 4 weeks right across the spectrum now. It is worth asking about cancellation though usually,  women don't cancel breast clinic appointments. I'd still ask. They know the waiting is stressful.  There's usually a breast nurse you can ring to chat to.

Trixiebell

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2024, 05:07:47 PM »

I’ve been in touch with the breast clinic & it is very busy so they’ve put me on stand by for any cancellations .
Pages: [1] 2 3