Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Polyp found progesterone issue  (Read 888 times)

Gusgus

• First Flush
Polyp found progesterone issue
« on: February 25, 2024, 06:37:35 PM »

Evening ladies
I’ve not posted for ages but really could do with some advice.
Until early October I was ticking along nicely on my hrt. Evorel 50 and utrogestan, when I developed really bad nausea. I knew it was the utro so I contacted my Gp. She said to go down the vaginal route of taking it. I did this for a month when I started bleeding.
Contacted my Gp again who said stop the utro altogether and put me on provera.
I bled for almost 6 weeks when she said I’ll refer you for a scan but up the provera to 3 times a day (10g) x 3  This showed a thickend lining of 9mm so was referred to see a consultant on the two week pathway. After a failed biopsy she said I needed a hysteroscopy
But said she thought it was hrt related and maybe consider coming off hrt until the bleeding stopped and maybe reintroduce it later on. I’m against doing this as without it life is awful! Really bad vaginal atrophy and foggy head and poor sleep.
Anyway I had the hysteroscopy where a lovely lady said I had a polyp and she thought it was that which was causing it to look thick. This will be removed once I get the appointment, she thought 4-6 weeks but who knows how long I’ll wait.
My dilemma is my Gp has removed my Everiol 50 off my repeat prescriptions and I’ve a phone consultation with her on Wednesday morning asking if she’ll continue this for me until I’ve had the procedure done and spoken to the consultant about hrt moving forward.
I’ve tried to have a mirena fitted by my Gp who was unable to do this as my bits are shutting up shop!
If I could sort out the progestin , but I don’t know what to say to my Gp. She’s very understanding, and quite approachable, just some advice would be greatly appreciated. I’ve tried cutting it down to 2x provera for two weeks but today I’ve started spotting again! She said really 3 tablets is too many! But said I could continue till I see the consultant.
Any ideas ladies? Thank you
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 06:43:35 PM by Gusgus »