Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie - Unsure of current stage...  (Read 2269 times)

Mrsb1981

• First Flush
Newbie - Unsure of current stage...
« on: February 21, 2024, 01:46:07 PM »

Hello all

I am Jo, 42 years old and have been off any contraception for 3 years now. DH had the snippety snip snip

Track my cycles and norm for me is between 28-33 days, however flow is heavy the last 2 years and I just deal with it. When I say heavy its 2-3 days of changing super plus tampons every 1-1.5hours. Needing to double up overnight (towel and tampon) for a few nights and changing 1-3 times in the night. Bleed of a week start to finish is standard.

However, the last year about every 4 months I get a really long cycle 54ish days. Other symptoms I have is dizziness, sore breasts, some mood swings and cramps.

Anyone experienced similar, does anyone have any recommendations for the flows or do I give in and go to Dr's or suck it up for another year or so?

Thank you ladies
Jo

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie - Unsure of current stage...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 02:21:25 PM »

Morning.   well, it is: somewhere in the World  ::):welcomemm:

The Change - does what it says on the tin.  Most of us thought it was the end of periods and a few hot flushes.  However.

Perimenopause - can begin 10 years B4 the last bleed = menopause .  As hormone levels rise and fall all kinds of weird symptoms may occur.

My periods waxed and waned for several years B4 stopping in 2002.  I had excruciating pains and heavy bleeds for many years, necessitating sleeping on a thick towel with double pads as well as clots when I moved  >:(

Hopefully some1 who has found a workable solution will be along.  Do U have any other symptoms.