Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New to HRT Evorel Sequi - period in week 3  (Read 647 times)

Birdbrain

New to HRT Evorel Sequi - period in week 3
« on: February 14, 2024, 06:14:17 PM »

Hi there, newbie here.

I started HRT just over 2 weeks ago on Evorel Sequi - due to instructions mix up, I started taking the first patch 7 days after my period though I was told this was not a big deal.
Now on week 3 and on the Evrorel Conti patch and have gotten my period - that is 2 days earlier than it normally would be if I wasn't on HRT.

Do I carry on using the Conti patch for this week and the next despite this, or am I suppose to now swtich to Evorel 50?

Any advice appreciated.

Taz2

Re: New to HRT Evorel Sequi - period in week 3
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 09:36:54 PM »

Hi Birdbrain.  :welcomemm:

Carry on with the patches as if you hadn't started your period so finish the conti ones then start the Evorel 50 ones. In this way your natural cycle and your hrt cycle should eventually be in synch. This may take a few months to achieve. Any other questions just ask and someone is usually around to help.

Taz x  :)

Birdbrain

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 11:27:31 PM »

Thanks very much for your reply!

I was quite hoping that I could go back on the Evorel 50 patches as it has really lifted my mood  ;D

At the same time, the Evorel 50 patches made me sooooooooooooo hungry (the Conti ones less so) so maybe not so good idea to go back on them so soon  :)

Am I going to get a bleed after week 4 too? Is that going to carry on for months?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 11:52:27 PM »

I know about that hungry feeling but mine was always on the conti patches. I've had a hysterectomy since then though so only have to use the Evorel 50. 😁 As for having a bleed after week four then you'll probably get one due to the progestetone withdrawal but I'm not sure how long it will be before you're down to only one bleed a month. Some women's natural cycles do continue to over rule the HRT. How was your cycle before beginning HRT and how old are you?

Taz x

Birdbrain

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 10:25:28 PM »

Hi Taz,

THanks for your reply and apologies in my delay in getting back to you.
Yes, it seems most people get hungry on the progesterone patches but for me it's estradiol. Or maybe it's just because they were the first patches. Will see.

I'm 46 and my periods were regular but getting shorter.

Well if my natural cycle keeps overruling then I wonder if stopping taking HRT after a cycle and only restarting when I get my period so it sinks might be a solution.

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 10:12:30 AM »

I think it's normal that your own cycle is stronger than the hrt one, mine always was. That's why you should start on day 1 so you sync the hrt cycle with your own. I always changed the hrt cycle to fit in with my own, doing it the other way round didn't work for me and sometimes resulted in 2 bleeds in a month. I think the official advice is to carry on regardless but I suspect it's given by someone who doesn't have to live with the consequences.

Birdbrain

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 09:47:31 PM »

Thanks. I'm on my 4th week so will see if I get a bleed. My GP also told me to stick to the HRT cycle but no I don't fancy getting 2 bleeds a month ;D